PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a set - More action than a Schwarzenegger movie

Spicymoose
12-02-2004, 02:49 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

After the initial flop raise, I pondered 3-betting, but I figured it would be better to wait until the turn to check-raise, since I could trap a few people. Once the guy on my left limp-reraised, I figured people were so involved in this pot, I might as well cap hope to be raised on the turn.

Turn: (17 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

So my plan worked, but I have also been check-reraised now. The flop is completely uncoordinated, so I am only scared of AA or 99. AA is extremely unlikely since the preflop raiser check-called two bets on the flop instead of raising anywhere. 99 seems unlikely aswell given the flop action. Anyway, I figure I can't play scared, so I cap the turn for value.

River: (33 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Now 99 is even less likely, but MP1s raise, alongside with everyone calling scares me, so I decide to just call.

Final Pot: 41 BB

Comments? FPS on the flop? Not aggresive enough on the river?

Thanks,
Spicymoose

Shillx
12-02-2004, 02:54 AM
Come on dude, reraise the river. You have the best hand here. MP1 probably has 44. Unless you have a read on him that he would play AA like this, keep going. There is no way he has A9 here.

Shill

Evan
12-02-2004, 03:02 AM
Wow, I've never been more pissed at winning a 41 BB pot.

I don't like the flop cap after the smooth call. On the off chance that anyone is paying attention you might kill your action. But whatever...

Turn is all good.

The river sucks. Keep going till Party stops you. I don't think anyone's playing AA this way and if someone filled up bigger with that 9 than too F-ing bad.

TripleH68
12-02-2004, 03:03 AM
BB: A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
MP1: Pocket 4s.
CO: mystery?

Spicymoose
12-02-2004, 03:08 AM
On the flop I figured people were playing so crazy anyway that my cap would go semi-unnoticed and just add a bit of value. Furthermore, people seem to love their hands so much that I can't see me killing any action.

The river I admit I probably should have reraised. I just got a bit scared of all the crazyness going on.

It turned out that the BB raised preflop with 23s, guy to my left had A4, and late position had 44.

Evan
12-02-2004, 03:10 AM
hmm....worst hand put in the last raise in a 41 BB pot. Time to take a note.

Justin A
12-02-2004, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It turned out that the BB raised preflop with 23s

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I can't believe you actually took this one on the river. That's a hand I'd never think to put anyone in the hand on.

Justin A

Evan
12-02-2004, 03:14 AM
Really? Immediately after reading the hand I thought someone had it (alhtough I wouldn't have guessed BB /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

EDIT: Wow, I need to start proofreading these things.

Grendel
12-02-2004, 03:15 AM
Yeah, as soon as that river 9 hit, it'd be hasta la vista, baby for them. Reraise and laugh all the way to the bank.

MP1's got 44, BB's got two spades, and CO is hanging onto two pair for dear life. MP1's aggression would make me pause for a second, but don't let the callers scare you.

No way anyone has a 9.

-Grendel

EDIT: Ah, the real hands came out as I was writing this. At least I was mostly accurate. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bakku
12-02-2004, 03:25 AM
The flop is a 3-bet, I don't see a point in slowplaying when you've got so many people trapped. The river is an easy 3-bet. think about the possible hands MP1 has, you beat all of them.