PDA

View Full Version : Double Check

TazQ
12-02-2004, 02:37 AM
CCer is definitely a LAG. Any other way to play it?

Giving him a shot to hit his 3-6 outer worth cashing in on a possible 2 extra BB?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.66 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.83 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.83 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 5.83 BB

lil feller
12-02-2004, 03:05 AM
Am I correct in assuming that you are committed to a show down from the flop on here? If so, I think the line you took was fine. Generally speaking the best way to beat an LAG is to give him enough rope to hang himself and play passively, looks like you did just that. Do you call a river bet?

lf

TazQ
12-02-2004, 03:11 AM
Pretty much.

I'm just curious at what point does (1) betting, calling a raise, and calling a river bet make more sense than (2) check/calling twice. Just how LAGgy does an opponent need to be for (1) to become optimal? Or is it always better?

TStoneMBD
12-02-2004, 10:51 AM
well, if you know that the lag is going to bet/raise no matter what he has, and that you are probably ahead... it is clearly better to bet the turn here. if he was this lag, you may even consider 3betting the turn. however, i think you played the hand fine.