PDA

View Full Version : New SNG Spreadsheet

AleoMagus
12-02-2004, 02:26 AM
Ok, With all the trouble I have had on my free sites, and the fact that I doubt anyone managed to download my new SNG spreadsheet, Eastbay kindly volunteered his site asa place to put it.

So anyways, here it is

http://rwa.homelinux.net/poker/20+2%20RESULTS.xls

hopefully this works

As I have said, this sheet works with a Master sheet which wraps all results together but the more I think about it, I am going to try and get then all on one single 'Super Ultimate' spreadsheet. We'll see if I ever finish that.

Regards
Brad S

SuitedSixes
12-02-2004, 03:07 AM
Thanks, AM. You are a great asset to this forum.

Oops, receieved a "Can't Find This Server" error.

eastbay
12-02-2004, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, AM. You are a great asset to this forum.

Oops, receieved a "Can't Find This Server" error.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try now.

eastbay

Cartridge
12-02-2004, 03:28 AM
works, thx guys

SuitedSixes
12-02-2004, 03:29 AM
Yep, all better. Thanks to you both.

spentrent
12-02-2004, 04:52 AM
Hey THANKS A MILLION for this!

I'm a programmer (in my spare time /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) but I'm not familiar with VBA. Is it theoretically possible to write a script such that when starting a tournament, one simply clicks a "Start" button on an appropriate row, then clicks an "End" button in the same row?

This would eliminate some of the tedious entry stuff. I'd be happy to look into it, but I'd like to know if it's possible in theory before I give up some playing time. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Daliman
12-02-2004, 05:11 AM
BAH!

GIVE ME BATCH ENTRY!

DO MY BIDDING FOR NOTHING YOU MONKEYS!

Seriously, batch entry would be great, or just a quickie explanation on how I can do it with your program, cuz it looks REAL cool.

JaBlue
12-02-2004, 06:35 AM
Hi I don't post here (yet) but I'm starting to play the SNGs. When I download this all I see is a blank white screen. Do I need another spreadsheet or something? Explanation would be helpful, thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Daliman
12-02-2004, 11:53 AM
you need excel.

skirtus
12-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Great Spreadsheet Aleo. Thanks! I entered all my $10s and the graphs are very useful. I can see if my ROI and ITM are trending up or down and look for leaks in my game. I even did the painstaking task of entering all my start and end times. I have over 200 sngs at the 10s.

Average Tourney time 37 mins.

Hourly rate $15.50 ( 2 tabling)

Now this hourly rate is not quite accurate for me. I dont always 2 table and alot of times I multitask or dont start another table right away. But I can see that you should be able to get 3 sets in 2 hours. I think I need to start playing this way. Set aside a block of time and let them rip. Kinda amazing that a 4 tabler could make over $30/hr at the 10s. That kicks the crap out of earn rate of the $50./1.00 limit monkeys.

Dominic
12-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Love your spreadsheets, Aleo...will this new version be able to easily go back and forth from the 6-handed to the 10-handed SNGs I play on UB?

AleoMagus
12-02-2004, 02:49 PM
I know that it must seem like I am have been talking about a new spreadsheet every two hours for the past few days, but I am going to do it again.

When a few other posters were talking about this in the other recent thread (Scuba Chuck? Housenuts? Others?), I started asking myself WHY I am using this spreadsheet separately for all my SNG Buy-ins with a Master sheet to tie them all together. I couldn't give myself a good answer. Laziness I guess. Too much work to put it all together.

So last night I got to work and made major headway on what will be far and away the best and most comprehensive SNG spreadsheet I have ever made. It will support 5 (Is 5 enough for most people?) separate SNG buy-ins and maybe I'll even include pages for ring results and Multi results. Overall stats as well as individual buy-in stats will be calculated as will a few other things. There will be a sheet for Bankroll considerations like Buy-ins, Cash outs, Site allocation, and Risk of Ruin. Anything else that anyone can think of that would be a good idea? The Master sheet idea is just too difficult to make usable for others unless they download all the sheets separately so the files reference each other correctly. This single sheet is far superior in my opinion.

So I guess this sheet I just posted is only a teaser. Withing a week or two, I will post this new SUPER universal sheet and that will be the last that I tinker with these things for a while.

Last chance to give me ideas

Regards
Brad S

1C5
12-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Brad, that will be awesome, thanks. I have not even played a single money SnG yet but when I do, I will have a good start by keeping track of all my stats!

Dominic
12-02-2004, 04:32 PM
That's fantastic, Brad! Next time you're in L.A., let me know - we'll go play poker and i'll buy you a drink.

SuitedPair
12-02-2004, 04:54 PM
My first post. Not exactly what I thought it would be, but we have to start somewhere.

First thanks to everyone here, especially AleoMagus. The FAQ for $10+1 is great. I wish I found it earlier. And to answer someone’s question. If you want to see if this website is getting more popular go to site traffic for twoplustwo.com (http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?&range=2y&size=medium&compare_site s=&y=r&url=www.twoplustwo.com/#top) .

This spreadsheet looks great. Instead of having 5 separate sheets for different buy-in, couldn't you just have a column on the entries sheet for the buy in amount? If needed you could have a column for the payout percentages, but since those are usually standard you could keep the box in the upper right and just have a column that is checked if the SNG used the standard payout percentages. Then include a separate column for the payout if it was non-standard.

I admit I have not gone through each cell so there might be some references that make this either irrelevant or impossible.

JaBlue
12-02-2004, 06:50 PM
When I open this with excel it says "cell data too large" and gives me a bunch of ASCII. Anyone know how to remedy this?
Thanks.

CWolf
12-03-2004, 07:34 AM
Did you ever know that you're my hero?

You are the wind beneath my wings.

I love you aleomagus.

1p0kerb0y
12-04-2004, 12:00 AM
AleoMagus, you are a SNG god!

[ QUOTE ]

So I guess this sheet I just posted is only a teaser. Withing a week or two, I will post this new SUPER universal sheet and that will be the last that I tinker with these things for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm looking very forward to this. I'm not sure how to use excel, though, and was wondering if somebody can give me some help. I can display AMs 20+2 results, but how do I input my own numbers?

bball904
12-04-2004, 01:44 AM
Thanks! Excellent spreadsheet! I don't have any suggestions for additional items to include, but from looking at it, I think you can greatly simply things and reduce the heavy use of formulas with some pivot tables. You can PM me and I'd be glad to share those thoughts with you.

Scuba Chuck
12-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Brad, now that I use the spreadsheet, I understand why it was created for just one table at a time.

Just as an FYI, adding all the additional worksheets & tables might slow down excel so much that it might not be worth it. I am excited and interested to see the results.

Something that has been on my mind ...can I extend the bottom rows, thus repeating the entry cells and pre-loaded formulas so that I can add additional SNGs? How do you track, for example, your results of 5,000 SNGs?

And to repeat the general good feelings towards you ...the work cannot be appreciated enough.

Regards, Scuba

vandalay
01-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Is this posted anywhere? or could someone email me one?
russhull@yahoo.com

partygirluk
01-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Object not found /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Marcotte
01-14-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Last chance to give me ideas

Regards
Brad S

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I'll believe that when I see it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If I can get caught up at work and get some more free time, I'd love to add what I can to this. I haven't looked at the new one yet because I don't want to get distracted.

RE Spentrent's suggestion about start/end buttons. This is definately feasable (sp?), but to have 2 buttons for each tourny is unrealistic for those that play 30 SNGs a day. You'd need thousands of buttons on the sheet. Just placing them would take days, though the codiing would be trivial.

Something similar to what I did for the Penultimate spreadsheet would work better, but I suspect Eastbay and Daliman's suggestions for batch loading or loading the info from tourny histories would work even better. Having both options would be best of all. (Do you see why? /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

spentrent
01-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Marcotte,

This thread pre-dates your cool input script from the "Penultimate SNG Spreadsheet" thread.

The suggestion in this thread is ancient and no longer relevant. However, I stand by the suggestions I put forth in the "Penultimate" thread. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

raptor517
01-14-2005, 02:04 PM
i duno if you have already completed your ultimate spreadsheet, but include a 200+15 tab!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif some poeple do play those on occasion. you made a great spreadsheet. keep up the good work. we are all very happy with it.

Marcotte
01-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Aha! Should have checked the date of the original post. I guess that other thread was getting a bit long.

Seriously though, I think we need to sit down and talk to Aleo about his spreadsheets. It started off innocently enough, and I'm sure he thought he had everything under control, but I'm worried that he might be spending too much time on spreadsheets and not enough on poker. As his friends and peers, it is our duty to step in when there is a problem.

Aleo, this is an intervention. We all care about you and don't want to see your life taken over by poker spreadsheets. You can get help. We are here for you. You have to take that first step though. Just say No! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wulfheir
01-14-2005, 02:37 PM
try this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1359268&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

Creeper_thp
01-14-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i duno if you have already completed your ultimate spreadsheet, but include a 200+15 tab!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif some poeple do play those on occasion. you made a great spreadsheet. keep up the good work. we are all very happy with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want a 215 tab, you can just change the values at the top of one of the other tabs, where it lists the buy in and vig to 200 and 15, respectively. Everything else will adjust accordingly.

deedbr
01-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Thank you AleoMagus for such a great tool.

Deedbr

popsy
01-15-2005, 04:26 AM
The link does NOT work! "Object not found".

popsy
01-15-2005, 04:29 AM
That link gives a "corrupted file" message.

vindikation
01-15-2005, 03:22 PM
http://vindikation.com/misc/SUPER.zip

I just downloaded it again from my web page yesterday and it works and is not corrupted for me.