PDA

View Full Version : KJo on the button -live

bonanz
12-02-2004, 02:12 AM
I'm tilting my ace off. super soft 4/8 game.

KJo (red) on the button

4 limpers, i limp sb folds. BB (probably only guy that's anywhere near decent) raises. all call.
6 to the flop:

K89 - two /images/graemlins/club.gif's

BB bets out, 3 callers, I call.

turn J /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, 1 caller, the guy i've nicknamed in my head "mr. flush" raises, I fold

i felt like a total tool after this hand...

private joker
12-02-2004, 04:21 AM
With 4 outs to the boat, plus the very strong likelihood that you have the best hand, I think a call is in order. But then, what do you do on the river if you don't fill up? Beats me.

aLOWdAkING
12-02-2004, 04:27 AM
I think the pot is laying you good odds to call and see if you fill on the river. You should go into a check-fold mode if you don't improve, though, because with that board and 5 other people in it is highly likely somebody has a straight or flush already on the turn or on the river.

Chris Daddy Cool
12-02-2004, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the pot is laying you good odds to call and see if you fill on the river. You should go into a check-fold mode if you don't improve, though

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong. getting 11.5-2 on a 4 outer, not even closing the action. at best he'll be getting 13.5-2 on the overcalls.

SSHE:WBWEP by Ed Miller p. 30 for break even points show that for 4 outs on the turn you need 10.5-1 to call.

private joker
12-02-2004, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the pot is laying you good odds to call and see if you fill on the river. You should go into a check-fold mode if you don't improve, though

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong. getting 11.5-2 on a 4 outer, not even closing the action. at best he'll be getting 13.5-2 on the overcalls.

SSHE:WBWEP by Ed Miller p. 30 for break even points show that for 4 outs on the turn you need 10.5-1 to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

But he has 2 pair, and it may be the best hand. Someone could be betting the A /images/graemlins/club.gif or a weaker 2 pair or AK. I think that (added to his 4 outs) makes the turn a call.

aLOWdAkING
12-02-2004, 04:44 AM
oops, didm't see "mr. flush" raised. but yeah, he's right, not worth to call in that case.

Chris Daddy Cool
12-02-2004, 05:11 AM
i'm not saying he should do anything or not on this action. i was just saying that he counted his pot odds incorrectly if he assumes he only has 4 outs.