PDA

View Full Version : Out of position with AQs HU...

Entity
12-02-2004, 01:46 AM
Unfortunately, I only recently sat at the table so I don't have much of a read.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero...

uw_madtown
12-02-2004, 01:56 AM
I'd probably bet and call a raise on the flop.

TURN
If raised on the flop, I check-call a non-heart non-paired turn, check-fold a heart or board pairing up.
If unraised on the flop, I probably bet an unimproved turn intending to fold to a raise, especially to a heart or board pair.

RIVER
If unraised on the flop and turn, I check-fold if unimproved. I bet out if improved -- if I hit the A or Q of /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the turn (and wasn't raised) or the river, I bet out with the intention to fold to a raise.

I figured writing this out will probably reveal more holes in my game than yours, but hey.

Grendel
12-02-2004, 02:02 AM
How about our hero check-raising?

I may be out in left field on this one, but there's a good chance you have the best hand here, and I feel that betting puts you in an awkward situation if your opponent raises.

Truthfully, I'd probably bet out myself, and fold to a raise, because your opponent's calling a preflop UTG raise either points to a good hand (which you're behind) or an unsophisticated player (who probably isn't tricky enough to bluff-raise heads-up). But I thought I'd throw the check-raise suggestion out there.

-Grendel

Entity
12-02-2004, 02:02 AM
Followup question (assume you bet and are called):

The turn is the 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.

Hero's action?

Rob

Shamrock
12-02-2004, 02:15 AM
Bet and fold to a raise and check fold unimproved at the river

/s

uw_madtown
12-02-2004, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Followup question (assume you bet and are called):

The turn is the 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.

Hero's action?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

If unraised on the flop, I probably bet an unimproved turn intending to fold to a raise.

Shillx
12-02-2004, 02:38 AM
His flop call makes me wonder what the hero can beat here. The 2 and 3 on board didn't figure to help the villian. To me he either has a heart draw, a wheel draw or a pair (of jacks or pocket). Note: If the player is real bad he might call the flop with something like T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, but I'll discount that for now.

I would either check/fold the turn or bet the turn and usually goto a showdown if I'm not raised. The river play is pretty straight forward becuase you have a good bluff catcher in case he bets a missed draw behind the hero.

Brad

HajiShirazu
12-02-2004, 03:53 AM
Trust me, with most opponents at Party, the flop call doesn't mean you're behind, because a flop call doesn't mean "pair or draw" like it would with a decent player.