PDA

View Full Version : FossilMan is an A$$HOLE in person

Russ McGinley
12-01-2004, 11:59 PM
I met FossilMan today at the poker room in Jacksonville, FL. What a jerk. He acts all nice and helpful on this site but in real life, it's a whole different story. First, he charged $5 for an autograph. Then he refused to talk to people for more than 30 seconds, and he actually had a stopwatch to time the conversation. I tried to ask him about his WSOP appearances in 2002 and 2003, and he just said "I'm only going to talk about this years event because I won it, making me the WSOP Champion." and so on. Just a bunch of bragging. GET OVER YOURSELF ALREADY.

<font color="white">Haha, just kidding. Greg was very nice in person and we did chat for probably 5 minutes or so about his past WSOP experiences. I thought it was interesting that he ponied up the 10K in 2002. He said on the radio that a lot of people think you have to qualify and that a regular guy with 10k can't just walk in and play. I also didn't know why he was in the audience for the 2002 final table. He said he's good friends with Russell Rosenbloom, who finished 4th or 5th I believe, and that he is also friends with Varkonyi and his teacher whose name escapes me. Anyway, Greg told me to make a post about him being an a$$hole as a joke, so Greg when you read this I hope you laugh.</font>

wacki
12-02-2004, 12:06 AM
He was very nice to me. He didn't charge me, and I even walked up to him when he was sitting at a poker table and he had no problem taking his time talking to me.

M.B.E.
12-02-2004, 12:22 AM
You got a bargain; I paid him $10 for an autograph.

wacki
12-02-2004, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF???!?! When did he turn into an [censored]?

MLG
12-02-2004, 12:53 AM
I met him at Foxwoods, and he was very gracious. He talked with me for a while, seemed like a really nice guy to me.

nolanfan34
12-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Funny post.

Is that guy as "white" in person as he is in this post?

<font color="white">hint, hint, for those who don't get the joke </font>

wacki
12-02-2004, 01:03 AM
No, he is as white as my a$$.
<font color="white"> Hah hah, I get it now.... </font>

college_boy
12-02-2004, 01:23 AM
I don't know if he's an [censored] or not, but charging money for his autograph is really lame. I would just laugh out loud at him if I saw this in person.

MicroBob
12-02-2004, 01:31 AM
Fossilman sucks.

Everybody here already knew he was a total jerk BEFORE he won the WSOP.

Mike Matusow is my hero.

andyfox
12-02-2004, 02:07 AM
Hopefully this joke won't get picked up by the real a-holes who won't know it's a joke and end up you-know-where.

Daliman
12-02-2004, 02:17 AM
Fossilman made my baby cry....

F U Fossilman! /images/graemlins/mad.gif http://img132.exs.cx/img132/7468/Danyon107.jpg

Inthacup
12-02-2004, 02:42 AM
Please post a smaller pic next time.

Rick Nebiolo
12-02-2004, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Everybody here already knew he was a total jerk BEFORE he won the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is "here"?

~ Rick

Jett Rink
12-02-2004, 02:48 AM
He just won $5 million and he is charging for an autograph? I'd rather see the flop with 27o for $5. Who does he think he is charging for an autograph...Gilligan?

slickpoppa
12-02-2004, 03:25 AM
The number of people in this forum with absolutely no sense of humor never ceases to amaze me.

Russ McGinley
12-02-2004, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The number of people in this forum with absolutely no sense of humor never ceases to amaze me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if it's a lack of a sense of humor or common sense to see that for some reason there's 5 or 6 lines of open space.

But I have to admit I laughed several times at the responses, especially the one with the baby. That was funny.

deacsoft
12-02-2004, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="white">Haha, just kidding. Greg was very nice in person and we did chat for probably 5 minutes or so about his past WSOP experiences. I thought it was interesting that he ponied up the 10K in 2002. He said on the radio that a lot of people think you have to qualify and that a regular guy with 10k can't just walk in and play. I also didn't know why he was in the audience for the 2002 final table. He said he's good friends with Russell Rosenbloom, who finished 4th or 5th I believe, and that he is also friends with Varkonyi and his teacher whose name escapes me. Anyway, Greg told me to make a post about him being an a$$hole as a joke, so Greg when you read this I hope you laugh.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it.

PoBoy321
12-02-2004, 05:24 AM
I didn't realize that Raymer posted on here. I know that a lot of people give a lot of [censored] to amateurs who do well in the main event (a la Moneymaker, Williams) but from what I saw of his play, he played a lot of good, solid poker, although I would've loved to see him use some of that muscle towards the end (a PF all-in with 83 heads up at a final table is always fun to watch /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

jakethebake
12-02-2004, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. Sounds like you're the assholes. Why would you pay him $10 for an autograph? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes. I know you were kidding.

fluff
12-02-2004, 11:17 AM
(this space intentionally left blank)

TylerD
12-02-2004, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Greg told me to make a post about him being an a$$hole as a joke, so Greg when you read this I hope you laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

fluff
12-02-2004, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Greg told me to make a post about him being an a$$hole as a joke, so Greg when you read this I hope you laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, nevermind. Didn't read the last sentence....carry on.

Daliman
12-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Sorry, I'm picture shrinking inept.

wacki
12-02-2004, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

download www.irfanview.com (http://www.irfanview.com)

It is the best picture viewer and you can resize pics with it too!

jakethebake
12-02-2004, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

download www.irfanview.com (http://www.irfanview.com)

It is the best picture viewer and you can resize pics with it too!

[/ QUOTE ]
I prefer ACDSee. But I don't think it resizes.

Gamblor
12-02-2004, 04:52 PM
I'd like to officially announce that I didn't bother to highlight the last 6-7 lines and I put you on uber-troll.

The rest of the posts I "got".

Apologies to Mr. McGinley, the rest of you can go to hell.

Russ McGinley
12-02-2004, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to officially announce that I didn't bother to highlight the last 6-7 lines and I put you on uber-troll.

The rest of the posts I "got".

Apologies to Mr. McGinley, the rest of you can go to hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe don't sweat it man. Its all in good fun.

John Cole
12-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Huh? Where? Here? Okay, I don't get it. Which joke?

Luv2DriveTT
12-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Fossilman now has a PR person (like all the other major players), and an agent (I think he has the same one as Lederer, Duke, &amp; Helmoth). When he signs autographs he is there to make money - pure and simple. I see nothing wrong with this. He is not there to be your friend, he is there to drive publicity for the track and make a buck.

But I have to admit, its begining to sound like a star trek convention...

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Russ McGinley
12-02-2004, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fossilman now has a PR person (like all the other major players), and an agent (I think he has the same one as Lederer, Duke, &amp; Helmoth). When he signs autographs he is there to make money - pure and simple. I see nothing wrong with this. He is not there to be your friend, he is there to drive publicity for the track and make a buck.

But I have to admit, its begining to sound like a star trek convention...

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pssst... he didn't really charge for autographs. Pass it on.

RJT
12-02-2004, 11:20 PM
LMAO, JAKE

La Brujita
12-03-2004, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to say this but I paid M.B.E. 8.99 for his autograph (Canadian).

He signed the M B and E with a real flourish.

stinkypete
12-03-2004, 06:00 AM
dude, i don't see why you're complaining, $5 is an amazing deal.

think about it this way.

he makes $5 million/week playing poker (just watch the world series if you don't believe me).

that works out to $248 every 30 seconds even if you include his time sleeping and eating and all that.

in other words, he's giving up $243 in EV just to sign your autograph and talk to you for 30 stupid seconds. show some frikkin respect. he should be charging at least $248 just to break even. the dude is a true philanthropist.

Russ McGinley
12-03-2004, 06:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dude, i don't see why you're complaining, $5 is an amazing deal.

think about it this way.

he makes $5 million/week playing poker (just watch the world series if you don't believe me).

that works out to $248 every 30 seconds even if you include his time sleeping and eating and all that.

in other words, he's giving up $243 in EV just to sign your autograph and talk to you for 30 stupid seconds. show some frikkin respect. he should be charging at least $248 just to break even. the dude is a true philanthropist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering why I got a bill in the mail from fossilmanpoker.com yesterday for $243.

Al Mirpuri
12-04-2004, 09:04 AM
Muhammad Ali aka Cassius Clay aka The Louisville Lip used to do this but he gave the money to charity.