PDA

View Full Version : GameCube vs PlayStation vs XBox

CCass
12-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Guys,

I need a little help. I have 3 young children (9,7, and 4) and they all have a GameBoy. We were planning on buying them a GameCube for Xmas, but I am unsure if that is the best system. What do you think? Is the compatability of the GameCube to the GameBoys a big plus?

CCass

wacki
12-01-2004, 11:15 PM
For their age, I would go with a cube. Super Mario Kart, Mario Brothers, Metroid, F Zero, all the classics and games for younger people are on the cube. For you there is MLB slugfest 2003!

mmbt0ne
12-01-2004, 11:18 PM
MARIO TENNIS!!! This game has wasted so much of my time recently, I love it. The sad thing is, I go home, and my 12 year old brother kicks my ass at it.

ThaSaltCracka
12-01-2004, 11:20 PM
get the game cube, its cheaper, plus there are a ton of kid friendly games.

[ QUOTE ]
Is the compatability of the GameCube to the GameBoys a big plus?

[/ QUOTE ] Not really, unless they play Pokemon or Zelda.

Ogre
12-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Xbox, get them started on Halo 2 early or they have no chance.

MarkL444
12-01-2004, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Xbox, get them started on Halo 2 early or they have no chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha...nice.

the xbox is by far the best system, but in your situation you HAVE to get a gamecube. its not even close.

youtalkfunny
12-02-2004, 04:50 AM
Wow.

I'm in the same spot, and was leaning towards PS2.

Thanks, all for setting me str8.

deacsoft
12-02-2004, 05:05 AM
XBox with a mod chip. then they can play all the games from the old school systems. Plenty of child friendly games on those. And for the number of games you get with the mod chip... super cheap.

daveymck
12-02-2004, 06:34 AM
My kids are a similar age and I would say PS2, there is a much bigger catalog of games, when PS3 comes out it will almost certainly still be compatible with older games.

We have 2 ps2's and 2 gamecubes in the house and the ps2 gets used loads more, theres the disney games and stuff like scooby doo, crash bandicoot etc that they play loads, plus the 9 year old will want to play older games over the coming couple of years. PS1 games work on it as well so you have a huge range of games at cheaper prices to choose from.