PDA

View Full Version : Left over pizza

cnfuzzd
12-01-2004, 09:13 PM
was discussing this earlier today with myself, and couldnt come to a conlusion.

peace

john nickle

ThaSaltCracka
12-01-2004, 09:16 PM
I find pizza leftovers taste a lot better cold. Something about the microwave totally messes up the crust. It turns it into some sort of spongy mush.

Number4
12-01-2004, 09:24 PM
If I have the time and am not super hungry, I really like to put it in the oven so the crust does not get really soggy. But I would heat it up in the microwave rather than eat cold pizza.

Dynasty
12-01-2004, 09:31 PM
It often depends on the kkind of pizza. A Pizza Hut pepperoni lovers pizza is something I'll always reheat. But, a Domino's sausage pizza is better cold.

brick
12-01-2004, 09:52 PM
And some pizza turns to mush if you mic it for too long.

Toster oven (or regular oven) is best if you have the patience.

Non_Comformist
12-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Am I the only one who can't translate the first option?

ThaSaltCracka
12-01-2004, 10:34 PM
microwave it, it is to hard to hold the slice when it is cold.

Non_Comformist
12-01-2004, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
microwave it, it is to hard to hold the slice when it is cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's awesome. Can I come see you the next time I watch Snatch?

I vote for #1

ThaSaltCracka
12-01-2004, 10:56 PM
oops, I meant fold the slice, not hold.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-02-2004, 04:35 AM
"Protection from what? Ze Germans? What's to stop you from blowing your bollocks off everytime you sit down?"

Anyway, cold is better.

youtalkfunny
12-02-2004, 04:43 AM
Both!

I put two slices in the mic, and start eating a cold one while they're cooking.

deacsoft
12-02-2004, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Protection from what? Ze Germans? What's to stop you from blowing your bollocks off everytime you sit down?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a quote from Snatch for random reasons?

Cold. If I'm eating... I'm eating now.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-02-2004, 05:07 AM
I thought Non-Conformist threw Snatch out there, so I figured I'd throw in a Snatch quote.

deacsoft
12-02-2004, 05:18 AM
Pull your tounge out of my [censored], Macdaddy. Dogs do that. You're not a dog. Are you, Macdaddy? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dr. klopek
12-02-2004, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Both!

I put two slices in the mic, and start eating a cold one while they're cooking.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow man, we must have been separated at birth or something.

nicky g
12-02-2004, 06:44 AM
Dammit, you live in the US and eat Pizza Hut and Domino's pizza? What a waste. Surely there is better pizza in Vegas than that? I mean, there's better pizza in England than that, for goodness sake.

Evan
12-02-2004, 07:04 AM
Dynasty, you ever eat good pizza?

beerbandit
12-02-2004, 09:21 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pizza

if it was meant to be eaten cold thats the way they would sell it dammit.

cold pizza eaters are definetly a different breed

cheer

jakethebake
12-02-2004, 09:23 AM
I either eat it all the night before or heat it in the oven. I don't like the rubbery quality the microwave gives the crust.

Topflight
12-02-2004, 10:06 AM
I eat all leftovers cold. I never want to wait for anything to cook in the microwave. I just pull the food out of the fridge and start eating it cold.

Luke
12-02-2004, 11:21 AM
I agree that straight microwave sucks. If you prefer to heat it, the way to do it is warm up the pizza just a *little* in the microwave, then throw into the toaster oven for a few minutes.

Tastes almost as good as new.

Luke

ethan
12-02-2004, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that straight microwave sucks. If you prefer to heat it, the way to do it is warm up the pizza just a *little* in the microwave, then throw into the toaster oven for a few minutes.

Tastes almost as good as new.

Luke

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. Only-toaster and only-oven are inefficient, and only-microwave is just awful. Even worse than eating it cold, which is pretty bad. Microwave+toaster-oven will give you good results and is still pretty speedy.

WDC
12-02-2004, 12:18 PM
I picked cold over micrwave, but if you would have had an option for toaster oven, I would have gone for that.

youtalkfunny
12-03-2004, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Surely there is better pizza in Vegas than that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that there's any such thing as a bad pizza.

I once got a very sorry specimen from Little Caesars. They didn't just skimp on the toppings; they even skimped on the SAUCE. You know that inch of crust around the edge? This one was close to four inches!

I complained to a co-worker the next day, "Last night, I had the worst pizza I've ever had...."

He interrupted me: "And you ate it all, didn't you?"

He was right.

I'm not sure that there's such a thing as a "bad pizza".

elwoodblues
12-03-2004, 12:42 AM
I had a friend in college who wanted to order a pizza with me. He was kind of a goofy guy so when he suggested a saurkraut pizza, I assumed he was just kidding. That was the only pizza in my life that I didn't eat (after giving it a fair shake and eating one slice)

Evan
12-03-2004, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious. Where do you live?

Mangatang
12-03-2004, 01:17 AM
Pizza is like sex...

When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.

MarkL444
12-03-2004, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious. Where do you live?

[/ QUOTE ]

there goes evan again...

theantelope
12-03-2004, 01:43 AM
Agreed. 380 degree oven, check it after 4 minutes, wait until the cheese starts crackling (audibly) just a tiny bit. That said, I don't think it's worth the effort for pizza from a place like Papa John's, Domino's or the Hut. Those I'll just nuke. And actually, I just had a microwave-reheated Papa John's pepperoni slice from a half-pepperoni half-cheese pie. (Yes, it matters that it was from a half/half pie. The more peppeoroni on the pie total, the more greasy each slice is).

Dynasty
12-03-2004, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dammit, you live in the US and eat Pizza Hut and Domino's pizza? What a waste. Surely there is better pizza in Vegas than that? I mean, there's better pizza in England than that, for goodness sake.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pizza snobs.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 02:30 AM
I think the term is pizzies.

Evan
12-03-2004, 02:32 AM
I am a pizza snob indeed. If you ever come to NY let me know and I'll make sure I take you to the best Domino's in the coutnry /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bugstud
12-03-2004, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pizza snobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when you have gooooood pizza, it's hard not to be

benfranklin
12-03-2004, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

if it was meant to be eaten cold thats the way they would sell it dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]

A restaurant at one of the ski resorts in Colorado had a "Hangover Special" on its breakfast menu: a cold pepperoni pizza and a six-pack of Pepsi.

elwoodblues
12-03-2004, 01:36 PM
There are some toppings that are better when cold. For example, black olives don't have much flavor on a hot pizza, but on a cold one they are fantastic.

A hint to all the nukers out there. When nuking any type of bread, place a damp paper towel on top of it. That will help with the texture change that happens when nuking bread.