PDA

View Full Version : Was this the right play?

afahis
12-01-2004, 09:04 PM
I was playing in an 18 player tourney where 100 chips are given out, blinds starting at 1/2 and increasing every half hour, and was wondering if i made the right move. I was dealt K-10 hearts and sitting on the button. 2 people called until the person before me raised to 10, i called, and the rest of the table folded. Flop came AsKcQh. He checked, i bet 10, he raised to 30, i called. Turn came Ah. He bet 10, i raised to 20, he raised all in. What should i do? I got 4 outs for the nut straight, 9 for the nut flush, and 4 for the boat. The guy was really sick the whole day(in the hospital the next day)and he is known for stupidly pushing all-in.

mntbikr15
12-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Fold Preflop.

If u didnt do that, fold to the flop checkraise.

If u didnt do that DONT raise the turn and give him a chance to reraise u.

Ross
12-01-2004, 09:39 PM
No KT suited or unsuited in a NLHE is a trap hand fold pre flop do not bet on the flop leave it on the turn. In future throw it away regardless of the action play any pair rather KT you will lose very little by not playing it at all.

regards

Ross

ZBTHorton
12-01-2004, 09:44 PM
When he raised, other than an ace...what did you think he had??

37offsuit
12-02-2004, 10:12 AM
You have a gut shot royal flush draw. While this will only come in 1 out of every 46 times, the "I beat your boat with a royal flush" dance you'll get to do when it does come in will more than make up for the times you:

A: Don't improve your two pair and lose to his boat.
B: Make your straight and lose to his boat.
C: Make your flush and lose to his boat.
D: Make your boat and lose to his over boat.

afahis
12-02-2004, 12:15 PM
well i called the all-in with the feeling he was tryin to take the pot. I guess i just felt i knew the player well so i would play him more then the cards. He flipped the made straight.