PDA

View Full Version : TT flops an underpair

bakku
12-01-2004, 07:58 PM
InterPoker 5/10 9-handed
Only my 3rd hand at the table so no specific reads yet. The table is extremely loose and seems to be filled with calling stations.

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, MP1 limps, MP3 limps, I raise T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif from the button, BB and limpers call. (6 for 12SB)

Flop is 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
BB and UTG check, UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, 15 SB to me..what's my action and what do I do on the turn if I'm not folding?

Chris Daddy Cool
12-01-2004, 08:19 PM
you don't give a description of just how aggressive or passive this game is.

but anyhoo, i would call here and re-evaluate on the turn.

assuming you are behind in this hand, you have 2 outs for the set and let's say .75 outs for the backdoor straight. 2.75 outs for a 15-1 price makes this a call.

however, don't forget though that if you spike a set on the turn, it leaves you open for a straght redraw.

and also there's still a decent chance you have the best hand too, but like i said, you can re-evaluate at the turn, but you really must see the turn first. so call this flop bet.

TripleH68
12-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Uncoordinated board, big pot, bet and two callers into the preflop raiser...I fold here even with 15 or 16-1 and the slight possibility of having the best hand. ???

bisonbison
12-01-2004, 08:27 PM
call. I don't see what raising would accomplish.

bakku
12-01-2004, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you don't give a description of just how aggressive or passive this game is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not quite sure yet..

[ QUOTE ]
but anyhoo, i would call here and re-evaluate on the turn.

assuming you are behind in this hand, you have 2 outs for the set and let's say .75 outs for the backdoor straight. 2.75 outs for a 15-1 price makes this a call.

however, don't forget though that if you spike a set on the turn, it leaves you open for a straght redraw.

and also there's still a decent chance you have the best hand too, but like i said, you can re-evaluate at the turn, but you really must see the turn first. so call this flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I had the same thoughts.

bakku
12-01-2004, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call. I don't see what raising would accomplish.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about nothing? I didn't consider raising an option, but yea seems like a clear call.

bakku
12-01-2004, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
InterPoker 5/10 9-handed
Only my 3rd hand at the table so no specific reads yet. The table is extremely loose and seems to be filled with calling stations.

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, MP1 limps, MP3 limps, I raise T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif from the button, BB and limpers call. (6 for 12SB)

Flop is 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
BB and UTG check, UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, 15 SB to me..what's my action and what do I do on the turn if I'm not folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like the flop is an easy call, which is what I did. BB and UTG folded. (4 for 8BB)

Turn is 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG+1 bets again, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, 10BB to me..now what?

bisonbison
12-01-2004, 09:25 PM
How about nothing? I didn't consider raising an option, but yea seems like a clear call.

Well, yeah, and chris covered folding... sooooooooo.

Turn is 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG+1 bets again, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, 10BB to me..now what?

I would fold.

bakku
12-01-2004, 09:42 PM
If you wanted to see a showdown would you call or raise?

Chris Daddy Cool
12-01-2004, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you wanted to see a showdown would you call or raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

again i ask... why do you want to raise?

bakku
12-02-2004, 03:03 AM
I really wanted to see a showdown and I figured raising the turn for a free showdown would be better than calling down.

Both players called my raise and I took the free showdown on a Q river.

UTG+1 had 95s
MP3 had Q5o and took it down.

Chris Daddy Cool
12-02-2004, 03:10 AM
there is no intrinsic(spelling) difference between calling down and raising for a free showdown here because you're not going to fold any hand that is capable of rivering you anyways. also the the river might get checked to you anyways where you can re-evaluate your options once again.

again, as i said to you before. you're already closing the action agaisnt a bet and a call. raising isn't going to change much of anything for you.