PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Queens on BB

Ocho
12-01-2004, 07:06 PM
Need adivce on this hand. B&M tournament. Blinds are 300/600.

I post Big Blind and have approximatly 5500 chips remaining, and about tied for second largest stack at table. Middle position goes all in for 1900, next player to his left goes all in for 2100. Folded around to me and I look down and see Queens. Call or not? and why?

Thanks.

juris
12-01-2004, 07:22 PM
How many left and what's the payout structure?

Without that information changing my mind, I'd call. They have 3-4 blinds, pick up their money (YOU HAVE THE THIRD BEST HAND) and you are a heavy favorite to win.

Awful, awful hard to lay these down because those players could be playing a lot worse than KK or AA or even AK. That makes you a favorite on tripling up and even if you lose you are not out of the tourney.

Let me guess: You called, and one of them had AK, hit their ace, and you're second guessing yourself? Am I close?

kuro
12-01-2004, 07:26 PM
This is a pretty easy call. You're around 9xbb and have a hand that is only a dog to KK and AA. The two players before you went all-in with around 3xbb with those stack sizes their range of hands is pretty big and you're getting a 2 to 1 return on your bet. This is a great oppertunity to increase your stack and give yourself a better chance at making it into the money.

Ocho
12-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Still a long way to go for the money. about 45 people left and places 20-11 only get their buy in back.

And I didn't know much about either of these players... No previous playing expereince to go on.

I'll wait a while to let you know how things turned out. I don't want to influence anyone's comments.

Ian J
12-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Call. You have QQ and you're looking at 3.5BB from 2 desperately short stacks. This might be a close decision if the reraiser had pushed for your stack, but here, it's an absolute no brainer call.

aceragclubs
12-02-2004, 11:37 AM
I agree, you must call here. I would put the two all-ins on a big ace (maybe any ace) and/or pairs smaller than queens. They each have to push very soon with a wide variety of hands because of their stacks. Granted, they would push with KK too, but if they happen to have that so be it. I'm never folding. Great chance to almost double up.

zaxx19
12-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Call you are dodging an Ace and perhaps a set....Worst case scenario(reasonably) you are like a 40% winner up against underpair and AK or something.

ZootMurph
12-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Easy... I'd push here, under any situation. A couple of desparate short stacks pushing could mean anything from any pocket pair to a big ace to any two Broadway. You are a favorite against the broad range of hands possible here. And, to win the tournament you will need to build up your stack some more. If you are drawn out on or beaten, you still have chips to work with.

Also, if someone made a basic raise of 1500 or so, would you fold, call, or reraise? I'd reraise, so I have to be able to easily call the 2100. But since you don't want any MORE competition (2 players is plenty), I'd push to isolate your Queens against those allins.