PDA

View Full Version : Changing Your Forum Name

Kellon
12-01-2004, 05:48 PM
A recent post on the Beginners forum and a post on the Internet forum about petitioning the powers that be for the return of signatures, combined with the web changes today, got me thinking.

Would there be any interest in a general request to program in the ability to change our forum name 1 time per year, or even just once, ala the internet poker sites (Paradise, for e.g.)? I understand why the ability to do so was removed previously, but I would think that a one time, or one time per year, option wouldn't open the door too greatly. And it couldn't possibly be too much of a programing problem for the web master(s), could it?

Mason? Matt? Any chance of this?

Kellon
12-01-2004, 05:50 PM
Ooops. "Mat". My apologies.

BottlesOf
12-01-2004, 06:25 PM
I've been advocating it ever since BottlesOf became Johnny Boom Boom. I'd like to sign any and all petitions.

nolanfan34
12-01-2004, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been advocating it ever since BottlesOf became Johnny Boom Boom. I'd like to sign any and all petitions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except didn't someone snag the BottlesOf sign on? So you can't get it back anyway?

BottlesOf
12-01-2004, 07:37 PM
I am currently in posession of both. If given the power to rectify, I will do so.

M.B.E.
12-01-2004, 07:57 PM
No, it's too confusing when posters change their forum names, even once a year.

wacki
12-01-2004, 09:18 PM
I want to change my name from wacki to Wacki....

Lack of caps is annoying me.

B Dids
12-01-2004, 11:02 PM
I want to get rid of this "B" that is following me around. I co-sign this idea.

kyro
12-02-2004, 03:49 AM
i agree. but instead of capitalizing my name or removing a letter, it has occurred to me "kyro" is just a really dumb name.

Broken Glass Can
12-02-2004, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i agree. but instead of capitalizing my name or removing a letter, it has occurred to me "kyro" is just a really dumb name.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I like it. The ones I don't like are the ones you can not remember because they are unpronounceable or make no sense.

Months ago we had a thread about:
Why did you pick your name?
What does it mean?

Maybe we need another thread about that.

Kellon
12-02-2004, 10:18 AM
Then I would have to guess that you wouldn't care for my poker screen name and likely choice if I get to change my forum name: "J Btfsplk". /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Broken Glass Can
12-02-2004, 06:39 PM
"J Btfsplk" would be a terrible name. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Kellon
12-02-2004, 08:02 PM
But from the perspective of other people's expectations about my poker play when they see the name, it should be pretty good, don't you think? Plus, nobody could write about what a terrible player he was b/c they couldn't remember how to spell the name. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim Kuhn
12-11-2004, 04:48 AM
Do we no longer have the option to change our 2+2 name? I never changed mine anyway. I think an advance warning would have been nice so that people like Johnny Boom Boom could choose there name. If you change your name on Party could someone else grab that name? Maybe not since it is tracked in my buddy list?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U