PDA

View Full Version : noob question -- KK early

tiltaholic
12-01-2004, 04:25 PM
hello-

I'm taking a short diversion from microlimit ring games to learn a little NL SNG strategy...

Is this a routine play?

Party $10 NL SNG, 9 people left.
No SB because he busted out last hand.
everyone has about T800+/-30, except for chip leader w/T1700
blinds are 15/30
I am dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP

UTG limps. (T955)
folded to me.
I raise to 100.
folded to button.
Button calls (T750)
BB folds, UTG calls.

Three to the flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
pot is T330.

UTG checks.
I go all-in
Butoon calls.
UTG calls.

Standard??

UMTerp
12-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Yes.

hyde
12-01-2004, 04:50 PM
your play was standard. I'm curious what the others had. I doubt their play was standard.

hyde

UMTerp
12-01-2004, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your play was standard. I'm curious what the others had. I doubt their play was standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only hands I might play like they did are QQ and JJ. I highly doubt their play was standard either.

tiltaholic
12-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Thanks.

Button had AJo
UTG had something like A3 /images/graemlins/club.gif or A2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

It can't be correct for them to call with that, no? Maybe with 2 people all in, the club draw had the odds with two cards to come, but risky I think.

The turn was another J...I lose, oh well. The third /images/graemlins/club.gif never fell. 9th place is better than 4th I guess.

I've enjoyed lurking around this forum (as opposed to micro). NL SNGs are fun and seem pretty beatable. Looking forward to posting more hands and getting used to the NL way. Hope I don't see you guys at the tables /images/graemlins/smile.gif