PDA

View Full Version : QQ in a huge pot. What's my line?

Grease
12-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Both opponents are pretty passive. MP2 is slightly tighter than the CO, but was still pretty loose. Should I give up on the turn?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (11.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

JinX11
12-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Personally, I give good consideration to a check-fold on the river here.

Many of us feel compelled to showdown high pocket pairs (and some fantastic individuals feel compelled to showdown *ANY* pocket pair), but I think you are almost certainly beat by anything reasonable that MP2 might 3-bet and/or CO might call 3 cold pre-flop. What could they have where you beat them both? Maybe MP2 has 99 and CO picked up a flush draw on the turn with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif and decided to stick around? AA, KK, JJ, TT, 88, AK, AQ all have you beat here and they are fairly likely candidates.

This may be a situation where I check-fold.... I don't know if I feel your hand is good 1 time in 12 (the pot size when CO bets the river). On the other hand, 2/4 players have the craziest ways of raising / calling with loony hands; maybe this will be one of those.

Note: I doubt 1 person in 12 here will agree with me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fat Nicky
12-01-2004, 04:45 PM
I agree with you. I honestly can't pick one hand here that you beat that a passive player 3-bets pre-flop here with.

poboys
12-01-2004, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you are almost certainly beat by anything reasonable that MP2 might 3-bet and/or CO might call 3 cold pre-flop. What could they have where you beat them both?

[/ QUOTE ]

The CO calling 3 cold is very alarming here.

[ QUOTE ]
AA, KK, JJ, TT, 88, AK, AQ all have you beat here and they are fairly likely candidates.

[/ QUOTE ]

If one of them has AA, KK, or TT-they've played this terribly. Why are these guys so aggressive pre-flop, but then so passive post-flop. If I had AA, KK, or TT I'd ram and jam against you. JJ is a possibility, and I'd guess that one of the two has AK. Even with AK, how do you not raise the turn?

I think you do have a 1:12 chance of winning this pot, given that no one is playing back at you.

JinX11
12-01-2004, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are these guys so aggressive pre-flop, but then so passive post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right. A few of the hands I cited wouldn't make sense....a player with AK might be somewhat cautious, I suppose, as he may be afraid Hero has AA when he 4-bet pre-flop.