PDA

View Full Version : UPS Tracking numbers

MercTec
12-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Anyone ever lose the tracking number and then have UPS not deliver the package?

I don't have the number and my destination says they didnt receive it and should have been there last Tuesday. UPS says they can't search by anything except the tracking number. Any ideas?

beerbandit
12-01-2004, 03:24 PM
no ideas here that number is the key --- did they pick up the package or did you drop it of, did you print the label off you pc

also thought this could use a bump--stuff moves pretty fast in here

good luck

WEASEL45
12-01-2004, 03:38 PM
i dont know about ups but with fed ex or airborne express you would be screwed. Did you send the pakcage from work or somewhere else?

benfranklin
12-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Every shipment is initially entered into a computer, either a customer's computer or a UPS computer, and that computer keeps a pickup log of all shipments, including tracking numbers. If you shipped it from a UPS store or similar place, it is probably best to go there, but you might be able to do it on the phone. If you shipped it from your office or someone else's office, the info is on that computer. The pickup log is stored by date, so you need to know the date it was shipped.

MercTec
12-01-2004, 04:59 PM
I sent it through Staples and I managed to convince someone to look it up via my name in the database and they got it for me.
Thank god....would have cost me a couple of grand to replace the item.
Turns out UPS didnt lose it, it was delivered and signed for so its out of my hands now.

Thanks all!