PDA

View Full Version : Gametime Plus - system requirments....

SenatorFoghorn
12-01-2004, 12:38 PM
I have an HP computer with a Celeron 600mh2 processer and 64 megs of memory.... PT database of 80,000 plus hands... do I have enough horsepower to use Gametime Plus or PlayerView???

If not....will upgrading the memory be enough?

Thanks

beta1607
12-01-2004, 02:31 PM
I can't help you with the computer stuff but I have to ask,
is your screen name by any chance a reference to Senator Robert Byrd, I have heard him refered to before as senator Foghorn many times (dude loves the sound of his own voice)

KLGambiT
12-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Robert Byrd is definately a colorfull character, anyone the heard the folkstyle album he realsed in the 60s? ( Yes, its the same robert byrd ) its quite funny.

SenatorFoghorn
12-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Correct!!!

Soleo
12-02-2004, 06:24 AM
I have 512 megs and P4 2.2GHz but anyway I like to set PokerTracker and GT+ processes priority to Below normal (WinXP) - otherwise it may lag when I open 4 Cryptologic tables. 4 tables of Party however work fine even with default priorities.

crockett
12-02-2004, 11:04 AM
O.k. 2 questions and type slow.

1. How do you set process priorities.
2. You said you set GT+ and PT to low and this works better. Is this correct? So setting those two process to low will reduce lag in your case?

I'm asking because if run Party with 4 tables everything is fine, but if I add PT with auto import it gets slower and then as I add a table of GT+ it slower and so on so I'm just looking at choices to get all running smoothly.

Thanks.

smoore
12-03-2004, 03:00 PM
set process priority with cntrl+alt+delete in the processes tab... right click on them to set priority (winxp, YMMV)

If those processes have a low priority, they still get CPU time but you give more immediate access to CPU time to other processes that you want to interact with.

hit cntrl+alt+delete and look in the "performance" tab. I suspect that your CPU is holding you back, but if you look at the memory section and see that you're using your swapfile and have no (or very little) physical memory available then you've run out of memory and a good dose of RAM should do the trick.