PDA

View Full Version : Need help setting up 4 table tournament

FlipPokerFever
12-01-2004, 12:23 PM
I might be setting up a 4 table tournament over a week, with the last day having the semi-final and final round.

I need to know how many chips I should get? I'm thinking four sets of 500 chips, but I'm not sure if that will work out.

Here's the structure:
Day 1: 4 tables, 32 players. Top 4 from each table advances.
Day 2: 4 tables, 32 players. Top 4 from each table advances.
Day 3: 4 tables, 32 players. Top 4 from each table advances.
Day 4: 4 tables, 32 players. Top 4 from each table advances.
Day 5: 4 tables, 32 players. Each table has day 1 & 2 winners mixed (haven't decided the mixing strategy yet). Top
Day 6: 4 tables, 32 players. Each table has day 3 & 4 winners mixed (haven't decided the mixing strategy yet).
Day 7: 4 tables, 32 players. Each table has day 5 & 6 winners mixed. Once there are only 4 players left at each table, they advace to the final 2 tables. When there is only 4 left on the final 2 tables, they go to the final table.

I need to know if any of you think this is a good setup? If not, do you have any suggestions? I don't know if the number of chips will work out when it comes to days 5+. Also, what should the blind setup be?

Thanks in advance for all your help!! (I will be posting soon IF this goes through times, dates, and reasons for this tourney)

aceragclubs
12-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Your players must have a lot of free time on their hands! Why spread this out over a week? The WSOP main event is about that long, with 2500 players this year. If at all possible, I'd recommend trying to get some card tables together so you can have all 64 people start at the same time. You could probably do the tournament in one really long day or two days. Or, just keep it smaller. I used the following structure for my tournaments.....each player gets 1500 to start, 10 red (5) 10 white (25), and 12 blue (100). I started blinds at 5/10 and they went up every half hour. I had black chips (1000) for later rounds to color up to. I also like not having to finish 'top 4 out of 8' at a table, so as soon as 8 people got knocked out, we consolidated tables. This keeps shorthanded play to a minimum. hope this helps somewhat.....good luck.

FlipPokerFever
12-01-2004, 07:02 PM
actually...it's 128 people....but the week long event is to limit the number of tables I'm going to need to rent / buy / build. Unless, there are 2 sessions per day type of thing, I could do it in 3 days.

Anyone know where I can rent holdem tables in the GTA?

FlipPokerFever
12-03-2004, 06:45 PM
would 2000 chips cover all of this? Remember, there is no more than 4 tables of 8 or 10 people playing at any one time. The only concern with this is for the final rounds, unless I make the chip values change.

I don't want to buy TONS of chips for this.