PDA

View Full Version : Bellagio 5-Diamond - 2k Event (Advice post)

Chief911
12-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Hello all,

Well, heading off to Vegas in 3 days, and going to 1) pop my vegas cherry, and 2) play in some live tourneys (As none are available anywhere near me, and never been to any).

My goal was to be able to play in some live tourneys, and I scheduled it when there was a good medium/high buyin tourney going on. That event is the 5 Diamond Classic at the Bellagio, 2k Buyin event.

I fully intended on simply buying in directly, and my bankroll can certienly afford it. But they do run satellites saturday night, and sunday morning (Tourney starts Sunday afternoonish?). They are single table tourney satellites. But as I said, I am fully prepared to buyin at the full buyin. I'm a fairly good SNG player who does well at the $200 and $500 buyins on Party/Pokerstars. But I dont know if I want to spend all sat night/sunday morning playing SNG's, and then end up spending closer to 3k if I dont win to buy in (2k plus $200/per sng sat).

Also calculated into that would be $$ I wouldn't have an opportunity to win either in another tourney sat night, or 30/60ish limit games that I think I would be able to make some money playing.

Opinions please?

Nick
Kitten Warrior goes to Vegas in 4 days. Wheee.

zaxx19
12-01-2004, 01:08 PM
If I was you Id just take a shot at 2 or 3 satellites and adjust my bankroll for side games accordingly..Its almost always worth a try; some really green players play in them(read me 4 months ago when i was EVEN MORE WEAK TIGHT)

Yo 30-60 at the bellagio or Mirage is really really rough man. Like notoriously rough. I actually heard from some guy while i was in Vegas that the 100-200 game(WHEN IT IS SPREAD) is easier to make a profit on long term(its alot wilder looser alot of swings...). 30-60 is like a game of pros grinding out 300 dollar sessions beware. Try a 8-16 game as seasoned as you are youll probably kill it for like 4 BB an hr or something. BTW is your bankroll like 6 figures now?? I dont mean to be rude just curious what you guys operate at. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ZootMurph
12-01-2004, 01:14 PM
I'd suggest just playing the ring game and buying in directly to the tourney. The only reason to play the satellite is to get a feel for live tournament conditions, if that is something you feel you need to do.

Also, if you haven't already scheduled anything, you may want to meet up with some of the 2+2ers in Vegas. They can help you out with your cherry.

semipro
12-01-2004, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Try a 8-16 game as seasoned as you are youll probably kill it for like 4 BB an hr or something. BTW is your bankroll like 6 figures now??

[/ QUOTE ]

The 8/16 game is a ripe game at the Bellagio. During a nice run over 5 hours, i was up 25BB for a 5BB/hour rate.

zaxx19
12-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Ya semi-pro did you see the buzzed guy in the "designer" fitted euro-style button up?? You know the guy from L.A. who has entirely too much money for some semi-literate immigrant. Oh wait thats like 70% of the players at Bellagio in these games lol. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick Diesel
12-01-2004, 03:58 PM
hey Chief,

I will also be in vegas for the tournaments this weekend. I will definitely be playing in the $1,500 pot limit on Saturday, but will probably only play in the $2,000 no limit on Sunday if I win a satellite. Say hello if you see me, I will be the bigger guy (6'2", 225) wearing Steelers gear, 26 years old.

Good luck,

Rick Diesel

Chief911
12-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Rick,

Would love to meet up in Vegas. I wont be there until 3 PM or so on Saturday, so the Sat event is not something I'll be able to play. But I'll be around the Bellagio either satelliting or playing some limit. I'll keep an eye out for ya. I'm the goofy guy with tan Champions (Just a big C) hat with glasses about 5'9". Although I should have made a custom hat with Kitten Warrior on it. That would have been much better~

Nick

zaxx19
12-01-2004, 04:41 PM
A tan champions hat??? Wow chief I bet you broke the bank at TJ MAXX for that one....and they say poker players cant dress...... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chief911
12-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Scheels. $7 on sale. My favorite hat for the last 4 years.

Nothing wrong with being frugal. Think that helps in poker too. Gets rid of the chaser in me.

Nick

zaxx19
12-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Would that chaser be Coke or OJ>>>???

Oh and there certainly isnt anything wrong with being miserly err frugal(too the upper left hand of the screen you will see a religious symbol people associated with this symbol have been known .........) /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chief911
12-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Rick,

Here's what you should be looking for, complete with tan champions hat:

http://www.bettheriver.com/image/warrior.jpg

Viva Las Vegas!

Nick

zaxx19
12-01-2004, 05:07 PM
One word: PASTY

P.S. WOW A GAP TSHIRT IN NYC YOU REALLY ARE FROM NEBRASKA ARENT YOU....

Rick Diesel
12-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Chief,

Good luck in the tournament Sunday. As I said, I will only play in that one if I win a satellite. I am definitely playing in the pot limit on Saturday, as that is my best game. Other than that, I will probably be at the Bellagio 8/16, or maybe the no limit games (not sure what buy-ins they have) or probably sticking my winnings down the g-string of one of Vegas' finest.

I am getting in Friday around midnight, and also have to find time to visit two cousins that live in Vegas, and some friends that are coming in from L.A., which is both good and bad. Plus the little brother will be with me on his first trip to the greatest place on earth.

Peace,

R.D.

ilya
12-02-2004, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

P.S. WOW A GAP TSHIRT IN NYC YOU REALLY ARE FROM NEBRASKA ARENT YOU....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're being too harsh. The brown goes well with the off-white of the shorts.

Chief911
12-02-2004, 03:48 PM
I think I was going for the whole tan/brown thing. I believe it works quite nicely. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rick, I'll try to look ya up Sat when I get there. I very well may play a saturday night sat to the 2k event on Sunday, or may just buy in. We'll see.

Nick