PDA

View Full Version : Final table steal goes wrong...

hansarnic
12-01-2004, 10:14 AM
3 left.

I have 9Ts in the BB. I have 100k, SB about 110k, button about 35k.

Prize money is about $2.5k, 1.5k, 1k.

Blinds are 2/4k.

Both opponents are solid, tight. They see me as the same.

Button limps, SB completes, I check.

Flop is 782 rainbow (one spade).

SB leads for 6k.

I feel sure he won’t want to play with me w/out a premium hand so raise it to 18k.

Now button moves all-in. Whoops.

SB folds and it’s about 15k back to me. I call. He has JJ and I get lucky on the turn.

Comments...? Anyone play the flop the same way or was I way out of line...? Who reads button's PF limp for a big hand?

Thx

ZootMurph
12-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Without any preflop show of strength... I'd have played it the same as you did. You have a good draw, and two overs to the flop. No way can you guess he was slowplaying a big hand.

Fat Nicky
12-01-2004, 03:51 PM
I don't think you were out of line one bit. Actually, I would raise it to about 30K (24K raise) and make the button make the decision for all his chips.

kuro
12-01-2004, 04:10 PM
If you're planning on defending with JTs regardless of the flop then you might want to try raising preflop to find out where you're at.

If you're only defending when there are low cards on the flop, then I'm not sure you could have done much different.

Personally, I'd have probably just call or fold to the small blinds raise here, but I'm pretty choosy about defending with significant percentages of my stack when there's a significant difference between 2nd and 3rd place.