PDA

View Full Version : Hand Analysis #3 THE STUMPER!

winky51
12-01-2004, 09:18 AM
Party Poker 3/6 (10 handed)
Hero has Ah, Qs and is UTG

Hero raises, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls

Flop(12 SB): 2d, Ad, Qd

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls, CO raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, Hero 3-bets, MP1 folds, CO caps, Button folds, Hero calls

Turn(11 1/2 BB): 8h

Hero bets, CO raises, Hero calls

River(15 1/2 BB): 4c

Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls

MY THOUGHTS: I didnt know what to do here. I felt like he did get the flush on the flop when the turn raise came. But what would have have called with to cap it on the flop??? Would he have capped it with the nut flush? Would he call cold a 87 diamonds PF? I had top 2 pair? He could have been on a draw on the flop? Fold to the raise on the turn? He could have made 2 pair himself with some A2 suited. AA he would have reraised as with QQ.

winky51
12-01-2004, 09:19 AM
H shows me K6 diamons. Called a PF raise cold with K6 diamonds. I was disgusted.

BigEndian
12-01-2004, 09:27 AM
After he capped it I would go into call-down mode, but I don't think betting out on the turn is that bad - he could _possibly_ have a worse two pair. I think if you're going to call on the end regardless though check-call is a better approach.

- Jim

Cerril
12-01-2004, 09:35 AM
CO could easily have 22... for some reason 3/6 seems jam packed with people cold calling with baby pockets expecting to clean up when your overcards miss. That they then go and call down the river even when the flop is packed with overcards is a bit odd, but no one said they were playing right.

At the same time, two pair or a good ace might be played exactly like this, or the bare K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, moderate hands seem to push hard hoping to scare out all but flush draws, which they hope miss. There are -irrational- holdings that could be out there too, and obviously there's no reason to believe that you're ahead often enough to reraise the turn. I think I like this play though, you have to see the river and at that point you're ahead of a lot of hands. The bet there means you're probably behind but at this point you have to call down.

Cerril
12-01-2004, 09:37 AM
that's a little surprising too, but of course now he's completely 'justified'... he called with a high suited card and flopped the nut flush. I prefer to look at those sorts of things and just figure it'd have been played the same way with KdJd, so the fact that his -actual- holding was trash doesn't matter.

BigBaitsim (milo)
12-01-2004, 11:57 AM
He's telling you very clearly that top two pair is no good. That having been said, this is Party, and I played an AQ hand exactly like this last night, only the Q came on the turn. He cold-called my PFR. We capped on the A-rag-rag flop and he raised me on the the turn when the Q hit. I check-called the river and he showed A8 for top pair-no kicker.

I'd play it the same way you did.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-01-2004, 04:19 PM
I think this is a good hand for the stop-n-go. Lead the flop, call a raise, and lead a non-diamond turn.

Jonny Melon
12-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Why would you be disgusted by that call? Think what the alternative is.
Jon