PDA

View Full Version : Fun with K9

brizzypare
12-01-2004, 06:55 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ????

Value bet or check it down at this point?

Ajax410
12-01-2004, 06:56 AM
I check because I can't think of a worse hand that will call you here.

Good raise to protect your hand on the flop.

Alex

Lurker4
12-01-2004, 07:05 AM
It might be a mistake, but without a specific read on SB I usually bet here, putting SB on a weak 9, 5, or a med/small PP (all of these many of the weak players at Party 1/2 will call a river bet, after calling the flop and turn). SB could have a flush draw that turned or rivered a pair, but I think there are enough holdings that you beat and will call a bet to warrant a river value-bet.

Chris Daddy Cool
12-01-2004, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I check because I can't think of a worse hand that will call you here.

Good raise to protect your hand on the flop.

Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

a worse 9 will call.

depending on how tight your opponent is, or how tricky/aggressive he is, checking is a legitimate option, but generally the looser and more passive your opponent is, the more inclined you should be to bet.