PDA

View Full Version : Toothbrush longevity

Reef
12-01-2004, 06:45 AM
I'm debating on whether to get a new one.

stigmata
12-01-2004, 09:02 AM
I go through about one a week. For some reason I chew them whilst brushing my teeth and they fray rapidly.

I found a stall on Brixton market that sells 10 for £1, if that's any help.

BTW, I have never had a filling. However, I think this is probably unrelated to my toothbrush-chewing activities.

jakethebake
12-01-2004, 09:51 AM
I use one of those big funny shaped ones. They're much larger than other toothbrushes with a rounded head about twice as wide as others. They have a funny crooked handle too. They cost like $8 but last over a year.

Reef
12-01-2004, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They cost like $8 but last over a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt I could get myself to pay $8 for one of them things - or maybe I'm just a cheapass

Boris
12-01-2004, 02:18 PM
You should replace your toothbrush every 4 weeks at a minimum. If the bristles are frayed it is long past time to get a new toothbrush. Also don't be a cheap ass. Buy high quality brushes like Oral-B and get the soft bristles.

LondonBroil
12-01-2004, 06:56 PM
It's all electric toothbrushes from now on for me. We just got one recently and my mouth just feels 500% cleaner after brushing with it. It hurt my gums the first week or so until they toughened up a little. I tried using a normal one recently and it felt really strange.

wacki
12-01-2004, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's all electric toothbrushes from now on for me. We just got one recently and my mouth just feels 500% cleaner after brushing with it. It hurt my gums the first week or so until they toughened up a little. I tried using a normal one recently and it felt really strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup electric toothbrushes rock. Mine has a timer on it and tells you when your done. The bristles loose that blue and tell you it's time to change. My gums look so much better.

Ogre
12-01-2004, 07:04 PM
My current toothbrush tells me when it is time to be changed by the discoloration of the bristles from blue to white. And mine is way overdue for a change but do I care? I've never had a cavity in my life and change my toothbrush about once a year.

NLSoldier
12-01-2004, 07:44 PM
You are such a liar Ogre! The reason you touthbrushs last forever is because you are always stealing mine!

Seriously, that kid steals my toothbrush and uses it knowing that I am a big sally and wont want to use it after its been in his mouth, gross.

Ogre
12-01-2004, 09:35 PM
what are you talking about?!?!? that is an obvious Jackie move!
BTW while i was visiting your roomate told me he used your toothbrush to clean the toilet during that fight you guys were in.

razor
12-01-2004, 10:37 PM
Get an electric... at the very least get one of those cheapo battery operated ones (I use the Crest SpinBrush Pro). One day I'll get a high-end eletric brush but in the meantime I'll stick with the battery op one which is still miles better than a regular brush.

jimymat
12-02-2004, 06:29 AM
better question would be how often you use it.