PDA

View Full Version : Quick 88 MP hand

Aces McGee
12-01-2004, 02:56 AM
$2/$4 in Tuesday's wee hours. Table has been great, but has tightened considerably. I've unchecked "Auto Post Blind," and I'm hitting the sack after this orbit.

I'm dealt 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP1. Folded to me, I raise. In a better game, I might limp here (maybe not), but at this table, raising had a decent chance of stealing the blinds or leaving me against one opponent.

I end up heads up with the BB, a 65/10 player after 20 hands.

Flop is T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

BB bets out. I call.

Turn is the J /images/graemlins/club.gif.

BB checks, I bet, he check raises, I call.

River 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

How'd I do so far? What do I do if the BB bets?

-McGee

brandon
12-01-2004, 03:21 AM
I would of 3 bet the turn and put the pressure on him. If he capped, I would of just called the river.

Lurker4
12-01-2004, 03:26 AM
I'd probably play it the same way. call the river if BB bets, bet if he checks.

sthief09
12-01-2004, 08:26 AM
I wonder if you could 3-bet the turn, planning to take a free showdown. if he caps, you fold. if he just calls, he won't bet the river and you can check. either way you spend 2 extra bets, but there's a chance he folds a small /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the turn

then again, I'm everyone's favorite weak-tight idiot and would've folded to the turn raise

sthief09
12-01-2004, 08:26 AM
if he caps you're drawing dead

sthief09
12-01-2004, 08:27 AM
if he checks the river, he'll only call with an equal or better hand

Chris Daddy Cool
12-01-2004, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
then again, I'm everyone's favorite weak-tight idiot and would've folded to the turn raise

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, that is pretty weak-tight. calling down is perfectly acceptable.

Aces McGee
12-01-2004, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wonder if you could 3-bet the turn, planning to take a free showdown. if he caps, you fold. if he just calls, he won't bet the river and you can check. either way you spend 2 extra bets, but there's a chance he folds a small /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this is that I don't like folding a straight to an unknown, particularly an unknown whose preflop stats indicate that he's at least somewhat willing to gamble.

-McGee

Aces McGee
12-01-2004, 03:41 PM
1) Anyone get out on the flop?

2) If he checks the river, does anyone think I have a value bet?

-McGee

wuwei
12-01-2004, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Anyone get out on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I can't see myself folding the flop heads up here.

[ QUOTE ]
2) If he checks the river, does anyone think I have a value bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a tough one... I'd feel really stupid if he got to c/r me again with a flush. I think I'd check behind against a relative unknown, but I'd want to bet.

Aces McGee
12-02-2004, 09:47 AM
So he checked the river.

I decided that he wasn't tricky enough to go for a checkraise twice with the flush, so I bet, figuring he'd call with something like a set or two pair. He folded.

Kind of unsatisfying for you guys, huh? Sorry.

-McGee