PDA

View Full Version : Empire 7,500 Guarante

drexah
12-01-2004, 02:22 AM
if anyone cares to watch im chip lead with 14 left in the nightly 7500 guarantee 20$ nl tourney. came in 4th about two weeks ago but ran small pretty much all tourney. most of this is due to reading this forum /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheTimeIsUp
12-01-2004, 02:35 AM
I got 5th in that yesterday, got a bad beat out of it today. I have been getting so many bad beats, dont even remember how in this one. Haha. Anways...gl man, take it home. Be aggro, the final table is usually tight as a rock.

pshreck
12-01-2004, 03:02 AM
I have made that final table 4 times since October, and it is not usually tight at all. A lot of people getting committed with marginal hands. If you push with 99 get prepared to be called by some guy with A 10 for all his chips.

drexah
12-01-2004, 03:38 AM
Well, shortly after i wrote the initial post, my ISP went down for 15 minutes. I am still in shock of what happened in the past hour. I went from chip lead by over 20k and 18 players left, to when i got back i had gone from 50k to 30k, 10 players left (at the final table now) and 4 other people had 50k+...worst 15 minutes maybe in my life, i thought i was going to pass out. so then i get to the final table and DC twice. still have about 30k playin pretty aggro stealing blinds, one hand folded to me in the sb i raise 2x bb with Jd5d, bb calls. ( had no read as i just got to this table) flop 2dAh5c, im thinking this is a pretty good flop for me so i bet out about half the pot and get called. check turn and get overbet about 2x the pot, i fold. i had about 18k after that. couple hands later im in the bb and dealt JdTd, cutoff goes all in for 12k, i go to check the FOLD button just as every person folds instantly except the SB who goes all in as well and when im going to hit the fold button i hit call. up against AK and JJ and yeah you get the picture.. at this point i thought i was going to punch a hole through my monitor, uncontrollable anger/frusturating at what has been happening. chip lead with 50k to freak accidents leaving me with about 7k, the blinds are 1.5k/3k and before i know it after every single pots being re raised pf and the best hand ive received is 7h4h in one orbit. im in the small blind right as the blinds are raised to 2/4k, i now have 4k left and im dealt QcJc im thinking jesus at least a hand i can shove on..so two raisers preflop (like usual), i call my last 3k or so so the main pots about 18k (not bad if i win). flop QJ8, other two are still in, im thinkin god finally some friking luck. so they end up bet/calling the flop and checking turn which is a blank, and the rivers a T. i still think im by far the best hand with the way they are betting until guy UTG goes all in for 40k (about a 15k overbet) and the other guy calls who had 50k left, now i know im f**ed. UTG shows 88 for a set, caller shows AK for a river straight. and thats it. 5 hours of completely solid poker all in maybe twice ( and having the other guy covered by a large margain ). stats are as follows: 77% showdowns won, 60$ win when flop seen, 230 hands played. it really pisses me off that when actually having a huge lead late in a MTT (i finished 4th in the 5k tourney a month ago but didnt get over 13k the entire time) and this type of [censored] happens. absolutely mind boggling. i guess the only way to look at it on the bright side is that in those 15 mins i was dc'd i could have been busted out...although hard telling myself that when at my table i was big stack by over 35k...anyways this is about the only place i could even imagine ranting right now.i hope this doesnt happen to anyone else.