PDA

View Full Version : QQ vs paired flop

JDErickson
12-01-2004, 02:00 AM
Opponent 20/2

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (8.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16.75 BB, between Hero and CO.</font>

Anyone play this different?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-01-2004, 02:02 AM
Looks fine, would you bet out or check/call a non-Q river?

john smith
12-01-2004, 02:11 AM
I wouldn't have 3bet the flop and I probably would have just check/called to the river if unimproved. Unless I had a good read on the villian.

JDErickson
12-01-2004, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have 3bet the flop and I probably would have just check/called to the river if unimproved. Unless I had a good read on the villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pls explain wht you wouldn't raise the flop? Do you think opponent has a T? Would he bet out the flop with trips?

JDErickson
12-01-2004, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine, would you bet out or check/call a non-Q river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on previous action in the hand I would bet. I would probably fold to a raise though.

meep_42
12-01-2004, 02:57 PM
Out of position, you absolutely need to keep control of this hand. 3-betting the flop is consistent with this. When he doesn't cap, the turn bet is good, river cap is mandatory.

If the river is an undercard blank, I probably bet/call.

-d

Wolffink
12-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Interesting hand.

Villain raises, so he likes the board very much. Unless he has a high overpair, but he didn't re-raise preflop so that's not so much of a concern. I put villain on T so I wouldnt cap the flop.

Turn: I dont know why villain didnt raise the turn so that puts me off that he has 3 Ts. Maybe he was representing trip 10s by bluff-raising on the flop. Strange. But then you'd think he'd fold. Maybe he's on a draw with 8,9 suited. The third Q is nice cause its go dog, go for you.

River: Villain knows he can beat top pair so he raises, but now your Qs are good good against a trip 10s so I'd cap the river like you did. 8,9 clubs are a worry as it would explain his play and he got his flush at the end. But you cant see monsters under every bed.

What did he have?

Aaron W.
12-01-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Out of position, you absolutely need to keep control of this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean? Why is "control of the hand" so important here?

Since he is a tight passive preflop, you can reasonably put him on big cards (AK, AQ, AJ, KQ) or a decent pair (he would probably reraise AA or KK, so it has to be something like JJ or TT).

The play after this really depends on how he is postflop. Does he turn loose passive, or does he remain tight (ie weak tight)?

Against the former, 3-betting and betting is fine because you can expect him to call with overcards or a pair weaker than yours. Against the latter, I like the stop and go here. A weak-tight player may fold his overcards, but would likely call a stop and go here.

JDErickson
12-01-2004, 03:41 PM
Opponent did have JT and my rivered boat was good.

I still think that my play was reasonable though. His flop raise could have meant a lot of things.

milesdyson
12-01-2004, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River: Villain knows he can beat top pair so he raises, but now your Qs are good good against a trip 10s so I'd cap the river like you did. 8,9 clubs are a worry as it would explain his play and he got his flush at the end. But you cant see monsters under every bed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero is only behind to TT at this river.