PDA

View Full Version : 88 in sb -- how wretched was this?

Greg J
12-01-2004, 01:12 AM
I am mainly worried about my turn play. I don't what possessed me to try to take down such a tiny pot.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

cold_cash
12-01-2004, 01:29 AM
Yeah, the turn call is pretty bad, especially after UTG+1's cold-call.

You gave it a go and it blew up in your face. Don't make it worse by sticking around. (Nice job on the river though.)

Greg J
12-01-2004, 01:36 AM
You see I was thinking the turn bet was worse than the call. Then again that is why I posted this hand.

cold_cash
12-01-2004, 01:45 AM
Well ideally I think the best way to play this would have been to raise pre-flop, hopefully folding the BB, and then come out blazing.

I also don't have a problem betting this flop because a lot of times you'll be ahead. The thing is is that if either one of your opponents has an Ace he will just call your flop bet then raise your turn bet approximately 100% percent of the time, so I would be ready to eject if that happens.

If I had played this hand I would have most likely raised pre-flop, bet the flop, then bet the turn, cussed, and folded to the raise. (The turn fold is a no-brainer, especially after UTG+1 cold-calls, IMO.)