PDA

View Full Version : AT hand for SlantNGo and others

Shillx
11-30-2004, 11:27 PM
Assume a typical low limt/mirco table. Even though this table was 5/10, it was playing super loose and fairly passive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Shillx is BB with A /images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Shillx checks.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Shillx checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB folds, Shillx...

What is my play here? Who bets this flop? What do you think these people have???

Brad

Edit - I didn't have a backdoor flush draw here.

Entity
11-30-2004, 11:39 PM
This seems like a pretty easy call, though I just would've bet the flop.

Rob

SlantNGo
11-30-2004, 11:40 PM
Stole the words right outta my mouth /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I just would've bet the flop.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

TheHybrid144
11-30-2004, 11:45 PM
I'd lead with this hand. AK and AQ are highly probable to raise this pf so you probably got the best hand.

Shillx
11-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Passive player bets. 3 passive players call on this flop. I have serious reverse implied odds working here. I can't protect my hand...

Shillx
12-01-2004, 12:29 AM
I folded.

I really believe that this is the right play given the action. People love to limp with JT and I have terrible reverse implied odds here.

Brad

Entity
12-01-2004, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I folded.

I really believe that this is the right play given the action. People love to limp with JT and I have terrible reverse implied odds here.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]
This may be the difference between 5/10 and .5/1. Folding is terrible here at the micros, Shill. You don't have bad reverse implied odds; you've got top pair, what is likely the best kicker, and a gutshot.

If you bet and it's raised and 3-bet to you, easy fold. Check/folding this flop is really really bad IMO though.

Post this in SS, and I'm sure you'll hear more of the same.

Rob

mizaun
12-01-2004, 01:08 AM
I would bet to start, I don't think trying to check-raise a late bettor is a good idea, as is i'd call teh flop and bet the turn if it was a blank.

nothumb
12-01-2004, 01:37 AM
I agree that you just lead this flop.

Also, I think this hand is waaaay different from the other hand posted by Slant earlier. Different position, different limit, different draw, totally different.

NT