PDA

View Full Version : Weak A flops top pair against semi-large field

Corkscrew
11-30-2004, 11:10 PM
No read on CO, unfortunately. First hand at the table. SB was pretty fishy. MP2 had played almost all of the 8 hands he'd had at the table so far, and raised 3 of them (showing down only 88 of these).

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, MP2 folds.

River: (7.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between CO and Hero.</font>

I'm pretty satisfied with my aggression on the flop and turn, but I gave in to an overriding urge I get sometimes, that being to check-call the river any time a scare card comes, even if it isn't actually all that scary. In my defense, with no read on the CO I couldn't be sure what he was calling down with.

Comments?

Yobz
11-30-2004, 11:15 PM
I think I would bet the river, might have made the SB call if CO didnt raise (since he might think "hero has been betting the whole time, he could be bluffing." I have seen people in his place call down with as little as 10 high before)