PDA

View Full Version : Huge pot, gutshot to the nizzles

shadow29
11-30-2004, 10:55 PM
Any thoughts? lol

I capped the flop for fun- I figured it was going to get capped anyway.

I'll post the rest of the results after you comment on the turn.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (28.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (23.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero?

shadow29
11-30-2004, 10:59 PM
Oops, no reads. Assume standardo terrible players.

Entity
11-30-2004, 11:01 PM
Your coldcall preflop sucks. Same goes for your preflop call when it's two more to you.

Your flop cap is beyond terrible.

Ugh. Bad bad bad bad hand.

If you do anything other than caling on the turn, then the hand can only get worse.

Rob

Ajax410
11-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Haven't read responses, but I see Entity already responded, so I'm assuming that he's going to say the same thing about how you should have folded twice pre-flop. You shouldn't call the initial UTG raise, and then when it gets capped, you shouldn't call again. Overplaying AJo is never a good idea.

The cap on the flop is terrible. You should definitly call for one bet, but when it's 2 more to you, I would have to do the math to see if you actually have the odds to call two bets cold, but the answer is probably yes. No reason to raise.

Call the turn.

shadow29
11-30-2004, 11:06 PM
haha I thought that this hand might get, shall we say, "mixed reactions".

Quite frankly, I think I got sucked in by the big pot. I do not recall actually thinking throughout this hand, just "look at that pot!".

I'm such a fish...

Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (26.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 28.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 28.25 BB, between Button, UTG and CO.</font>

Ritter
11-30-2004, 11:16 PM
I only used to play like this when I was really really drunk and would wake up the next day and go online wonder how I managed to lose 300BB in 45 minutes.

I don't play drunk any more.

Hope you spiked that T, but frankly I'm with Entity - you wouldn't have deserved it.