PDA

View Full Version : Small stakes stats and poker tracker...

Vendal
11-30-2004, 10:36 PM
How far off am I here from what it takes to beat the small stakes games on Party? Now I know everyone thinks they are a winning poker player and to be honest, so do I. I've read TOP, HPFAP and SSH. I've had pokertracker for a little while now and this is what I've got so far:

1/2 and 2/4 on Party.

13,640 hands(sample size too small I know /images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

VP$IP: 16.74
VP$ISB: 22.89
-
Folded SB to steal: 87.80 (35/40 times)
Folded BB to steal: 75.86 (44/58 times)
Fold BB to steal HU: 70.59 (24/34 times)
(I'm thinking the above three stats are useless because of the small sample size and the fact that blind defence is less of an issue in the small stakes games)
-
Attempted to steal blinds: 19.24(98/494)
Won $ WSF: 28.51
Went to SD: 30.31
Won $ at SD: 53.05
PF raise: 6.77

Agression Factor:
PF: 0.55
Flop: 3.15
Turn: 2.74
River: 2.26

Overall 1.41

I'm give you what I think is wrong and I'd appreicate replies tell me how wrong I am and what I actually should be doing.

VP$IP,PF raise and VP$ISB.

I'm thinking for these small stakes games on party I may need to be playing some more hands but I'm finding it hard to fit in many more. My VP$IP recently has been climbing over 17 so I think I'm on the right track, but the games are not as loose as people think they are. I don't know how many more hands can be played profitably. My position VP$IP rounds up from around low 16s in EP to mid-high 17s in LP. I'm thinking I need to play even more hands for one bet from LP and do more raising over all. I also think I need to complete more hands from the SB. I've been raising more hands PF and have that over 7% recently but I know that needs to be about 9 or 10 %. I'm also having trouble finding more spots to raise PF.

Blind defence.

I may need to defend more but with the small sample its hard to say. I could be way off though.

Blind stealing.

Probably need to steal more but then again its different in small stakes when the amount people are going to fold is not as high.

Went to SD and won $ at SD.

I don't really know how far off I am on these. Could be part of my problem.

Agression factor.

I've been pushing over a 1.5 overall untill recently when I've droped off because of lack of confidence I guess. I thought a 1.5 was good.

Now I'd like to think of my self as a tight agressive player. I'm posting this here because so far I'm actually showing about -0.5/bb100. Now I know my sample size is MEANINGLESS in terms of winrate. But I thought that I'd post these stats to get some feedback on some stats like VP$IP ect that don't require 100,000.

I beleive I've been running bad over the last 15,000 hands or so. I know winning players often go through streaks like this due to the varince of playing in such juicy loose games and maximizing their EV by pushing small edges.

I'm maining posting this just to make sure I'm not WAY off and unable to beat the 1/2 and the 2/4 at Party. I'd appreciate any input people have on the stats. Thanks.

kenberman
12-01-2004, 12:45 AM
Try posting this in small stakes or micro limit.

Nothing jumps out in your stats. You'll get more usefull feedback if you post hands rather than PT stats.
Ken

emonrad87
12-01-2004, 01:34 AM
The only thing that sticks out in your stats is the limit(s!) you're playing. If you aren't a winning player, why not play .50/1 to learn cheaply. Also, sticking to only one limit when you're learning is better. It avoids pot size difference issues, etc.

Vendal
12-01-2004, 09:11 AM
This is just since I got pokertracker. I'm almost positive that I can beat the party 1.2 , 2/4... I mainly wanted to post this to see if there was any thing major I was missing here. I think I have enough hands to get some feedback on the stats I posted. Winrate is still a long way off...

Phil Van Sexton
12-01-2004, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My position VP$IP rounds up from around low 16s in EP to mid-high 17s in LP.

[/ QUOTE ]

There should a be bigger difference here. EP should be closer to 10. Button should be more like 20.

My total VPIP is 15. I don't have the position numbers in front of me, but I'm quite sure that there should be a significant difference from EP to LP. Maybe other people can post more exact numbers.

Vendal
12-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I think you're right. There shoudl be a bigger difference. I've loosed up a lot utg recently, maybe too much. I've started playing more hands utg like pocket pairs ect in an attempt to get my VP$IP up. I keep reading that for small stakes people have over 20. That seems like an impossible number to me. I guess I should concentrate on loosening up a lot in the CO and on the button.

Phil Van Sexton
12-01-2004, 10:19 PM
A couple things...
- Don't worry if other people are profitable at greater than 20%. These hands that you are "adding" are only slighty profitable if played correctly, but very costly if misplayed. If you aren't confident in your play, don't play a marginal hand just because someone else says you should.

- Go to Small Stakes forum. Plenty of discussions there, like this one.... VPIP < 20 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1075996&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1)