PDA

View Full Version : KQs checkraised with top pair on the turn

anduril
11-30-2004, 10:07 PM
party 10/20 full game.

UTG+1 limps, player 2 to his left limps. Both players are unremarkable. I raise on the button with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif, only the limpers call.

flop is K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

they check, I bet, both call.

turn is 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

they check, I bet, UTG+1 raises, other player folds, ideas?

not much suspense about his hand because I folded and he didn't show obviously. I couldn't decide if folding would be as good a play as calling down or calling and folding UI.

mplspoker
11-30-2004, 10:11 PM
All read dependent, and if you don't have any reads I think it is an auto fold.... The weird part is would you fold AK? Probably not, but I just can't see how it is good and you really don't know where you are at - so I wouldn't continue...

DcifrThs
11-30-2004, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
party 10/20 full game.

UTG+1 limps, player 2 to his left limps. Both players are unremarkable. I raise on the button with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif, only the limpers call.

flop is K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

they check, I bet, both call.

turn is 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

they check, I bet, UTG+1 raises, other player folds, ideas?

not much suspense about his hand because I folded and he didn't show obviously. I couldn't decide if folding would be as good a play as calling down or calling and folding UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

7.5 bets preflop...on the flop 3 more go in so 5.25on the turn. after you bet and are c-r'd its 8.25:1 on the call. I'd say if they are "unremarkable" you are almost certainly behind here so the question is: can you improve?

if he has the flush, you're done. if not, you can improve to tie ...BUT if he has a straight now that means he either limps early w/ Q9 (loose and you would have heard from him more by now and can classify him/her) or doesn't raise with AQ which means he is weak or tricky, either way you would also have heard from him...

further, you can be drawing to 5 outs at best for a TIE if he has a straight...

folding is best.
-Barron

anduril
11-30-2004, 10:45 PM
after you bet and are c-r'd its 8.25:1 on the call

ok, what do you want for pot odds to call down here? I estimated my chances to win outright were less than 5% so now that I think about it the pot would have to be ginormous for me to call down.

DcifrThs
11-30-2004, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
after you bet and are c-r'd its 8.25:1 on the call

ok, what do you want for pot odds to call down here? I estimated my chances to win outright were less than 5% so now that I think about it the pot would have to be ginormous for me to call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

5% is very generous without a good solid read that states otherwise...i said that to point out that you are NOT winning outright and are drawing either dead, to a tie, or very thin...

i would almost never call down unimproved...almost=i might have some insane once in a blue moon read
-Barron