PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with checkraises HU

SomethingClever
11-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Here are two situations I ran into at lunch today that I need help with.

Situation 1: Folded to you in the CO with 77.

You raise, BB calls. Flop is A, 5, 2 rainbow. You get checkraised. How do you proceed without a read?

Situation 2: You're UTG with JJ. You raise, it's folded to the SB who calls.

Flop comes K, 8, 3, two of your suit. You get checkraised. How do you proceed?

MisterNatural
11-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Warning: This is newbie advice from limited 1/2 SH play. I welcome comments and corrections.

I'd lean towards folding in situation 1. The "default" play for a lot of people with an Ace in this situation is to check raise the flop. Ofcourse it could just be a bluff, but you don't have a read. If an unknown leads out and bets, than it's more likely a bluff than if he check raises. If, he had 2 pair or a set, he'd probably wait until the turn or river to zap you.

In situation 2, with no reads, you're seeing the turn to see if you catch a redraw to the flush or if you spike a set. This one I'm more likely to call down since people are more likely to defend with any ace, than any king. Your Jacks are also a lot stronger than the 7's so you are less likely to be up against a higher pair. Plus, he could just be on a flush draw though he's more likely to lead out with that than check raise.

fearme
12-01-2004, 03:15 AM
what limit is this at? i call down w/ jj most likely, w/out reads i lean toward muck w/ 77