PDA

View Full Version : JJ in late position (2-4)

craig r
11-30-2004, 06:40 PM
The main villain in this hand is BB. He is loose aggressive-passive.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (19 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 21 BB

On the flop I don't see any reason to slowplay this hand. The pot is starting to get big, plus there is the flush draw possibilities. I don't see any reason not to raise the flop.

On the turn I am very suprised by BB check raise. He is a loose player, but post-flop he has been very passive. There is a chance he has A-4 or 4-6, but I don't want to be looking for monsters under the bed quite yet. Plus, I still have plenty of outs on the river that will help me improve. The one card i really don't want to see on the river is a 4.

On the river, I can't see raising here. Would anybody else have?

Will post results later.

craig

zram21
11-30-2004, 06:52 PM
Nice hand. I wouldn't have raised the river either. With the button calling along the whole time if the BB didn't make a straight he might have and you wouldn't be happy to see it get 3 bet behind you.

JimRivett
11-30-2004, 07:14 PM
He is loose aggressive-passive

I guess I'm a little confused as to what that means?

As far as the hand is concerned I think you played it fine. With the button calling 3 cold on the turn, via the installment plan, and still to act behind you on the river, I think your river call is fine, especially if you think bb is passive after the flop.

Jim

Capn486
11-30-2004, 07:31 PM
I believe it means that he's Loose/Aggro PF, but plays Passive Post-flop.

craig r
11-30-2004, 07:41 PM
You are right.

craig

craig r
11-30-2004, 07:50 PM
Results:

Well, the reason he woke up on the turn was because of a set (33).

The T.A.
11-30-2004, 09:31 PM
Nope, I wouldn't raise on the river, either.

Well=played hand, Craig.

lu_hawk
11-30-2004, 09:42 PM
If the button wasn't in it is a definite river raise. I would still probably raise because the BB definitely doesn't have a 4 and it is unlikely that the button called two cold on the flop with a 4 in his hand. Going for an overcall is OK but I still think you should raise here.

MHarris
11-30-2004, 09:44 PM
I like it the whole way. I'd want to raise the river, but I doubt I could bring myself to do it.