PDA

View Full Version : JJ on A high flop

Guido
11-30-2004, 06:20 PM
UTG is pretty LAG.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Guido is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Guido?

When you bet and UTG calls, do you bet the river?
When you bet and UTG raises, do you call? Do you call a river bet?
When you check do you call a river bet?

Thanks,

Guido

djoyce003
11-30-2004, 06:31 PM
If he calls my turn bet I've got to put him on a big pocket pair or an ace. I can't see what else he's calling with. I'm assuming that the 10/20 players are better than my 1/2 opponents who would call me with kq on this flop. Whenever anyone raises, my first thought is big ace...pocket pair second. Your reraise has made him wonder if his big ace is good however, so maybe he has AQ or AJ instead of AK. If he reraises your turn bet fold, if he calls the turn bet, i'd check the river for a free showdown. I'd be really afraid of kings, or queens as well as the big ace here.

Packerfan1
11-30-2004, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming that the 10/20 players are better than my 1/2 opponents who would call me with kq on this flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think that too till I started playing the 10 game... /images/graemlins/grin.gif (by the way, with 8-9 small bets in the pot here I don't think its incorrect to see the turn with KQ, KJ, KT etc. here to try to hit if you're good enough to fold the turn when you miss)

Anyways, In my mind the default play is bet the turn, check the river. I'd like to think I could fold to a turn c/r, but I guess I'll say its player specific. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Pack

mooks
11-30-2004, 08:38 PM
I would definitely bet the turn. I'd think that if he had an A he'd test it on flop with either a bet or c/r there, if he has AK then he might go for c/r on turn, in which case I would fold to his c/r on turn. But i'm thinking he may have a weaker pp and just call u all the way down.....

just my 2 cents, could be way off

joker122
11-30-2004, 09:46 PM
i think you need to bet here to protect from the 3 broadway draws (KQ, KJ, JQ) and if he has a ten, I don't want to give a free shot at a 5 outter. you can almsot always fold to a checkraise here to. my standard line here is to bet the turn and take a free showdown

fearme
12-01-2004, 02:04 AM
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes

fearme
12-01-2004, 02:07 AM
always fold to a turn checkraise, lag's like to bluff

fearme
12-01-2004, 02:09 AM
is a definite possibility, even though others say that betting the turn is best, i think u can go either way to induce a bluff on a river, but betting turn is fine also

mperich
12-01-2004, 02:13 AM
Ok this is very player specific, and pretty close on some decisions so here goes.

Against an unknown I bet the turn, fold to a checkraise and check behind on the river. Note that I think that if the opponent check calls the turn then I think betting the river is close, as I think any ten will call you down if they called the turn.

If I've ever seen any move from the player than I'm inclined to call a checkraise here, since he knows the ace is a scary card for a lot of 3betting hands (most)

Oh and as for if you check do you call a river bet then his is for SURE a call against all but a total rock. Even then maybe. I don't like checking the turn tho.

-Mike