PDA

View Full Version : Am I a LAG? (AKo hand)

shadow29
11-30-2004, 05:44 PM
Reads:

MP3 is mighty fishy: 68%, 0%, .27
MP1 is the same as MP3, except he has a PFR of 2% and TotAgg of .68.
CO is new to me.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333"></font> Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, between MP3 and Hero.</font>

Shillx
11-30-2004, 05:49 PM
I don't get it. The loose-passives will check the turn through with any hand worse then yours (and some better). You might even get a free showdown by checking both turn/river. If you bet and get called, you are almost surely going to lose this pot.

Check/fold turn, check/fold river.

Shill

Lurker4
11-30-2004, 06:29 PM
I agree with the above post...had the turn been an A, K, Q, or J then I think a bet is ok (board looks scarier to an 8 or 3 against a PFR, and you pick up some more outs or have top pair), but when the middle card pairs then it just makes it more likely a hand that called the flop will call the turn. Against these loose-passives, betting the turn when the middle card pairs isn't going to do much.

Entity
11-30-2004, 07:32 PM
I actually think I like it. My cutoff here is 2 opponents -- against 3 check/folding this board is probably OK, but against two opponents you've got enough folding equity to pull this off. You probably won't fold both 1 in 6 times, but that is made up for by the times you A) improve and B) are already good.

I actually think the 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif was a good card. Obviously you can only bet this turn if you're folding to a raise, but I don't mind the turn bet at all.

Rob

Yobz
11-30-2004, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually think I like it. My cutoff here is 2 opponents -- against 3 check/folding this board is probably OK, but against two opponents you've got enough folding equity to pull this off. You probably won't fold both 1 in 6 times, but that is made up for by the times you A) improve and B) are already good.

I actually think the 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif was a good card. Obviously you can only bet this turn if you're folding to a raise, but I don't mind the turn bet at all.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Rob, this looks fine to me.
You should fold to any sign of aggression from this loose player, though.
A river bet would be going overboard, I think the turn bet is fine /images/graemlins/smile.gif

shadow29
11-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Definetly would have turbo-mucked after anything more than fold/call (aka raise?).

PokerBob
11-30-2004, 11:06 PM
I feel like I screw this hand up all the time when I miss. That said, I bet the river.

HesseJam
12-01-2004, 06:38 AM
I'd also bet the river. MP3 should not have the trip 8. The Q could scare MP3 (though it shouldn't). If MP3 folds one in 7 this is +EV.

I am a beginner and I noticed that I sometimes changed my mind with regard to the holdings of the opponent if they kept betting all streets - I did put them on big pairs. So, this could be one mistake he could have made. Another mistake of him could have been if he had a K and was waiting for the overpair. (edit: the latter is nonsense because you would win anyway).

Entity
12-01-2004, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd also bet the river. MP3 should not have the trip 8. The Q could scare MP3 (though it shouldn't). If MP3 folds one in 7 this is +EV.

I am a beginner and I noticed that I sometimes changed my mind with regard to the holdings of the opponent if they kept betting all streets - I did put them on big pairs. So, this could be one mistake he could have made. Another mistake of him could have been if he had a K and was waiting for the overpair. (edit: the latter is nonsense because you would win anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't bet the river. He isn't folding a 3, let alone a 7 (i.e. he is only folding hands that you beat). He's loose passive.

I'm really surprised anyone thinks betting the turn is too much though.

Rob

shadow29
12-01-2004, 04:02 PM
I concur. Betting the river is bad, imo.

Also, Shillx- you're such a rock you would check/fold AA in this spot! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shillx
12-01-2004, 04:05 PM
I'm certainly not a rock, eventhough I appear to be. I wish I could get more respect with my bets/raises. You should see me at the 2+2 table, every other bet/raise is a bluff or semibluff. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brad

shadow29
12-01-2004, 04:08 PM
I played last night.

I remember one hand you were UTG+1 and raised (first in like 50 hands). Everyone turbo-mucked.

Next hand you raise, get no respect and show down AA. lol

DMBFan23
12-01-2004, 04:55 PM
I like the turn bet.

I sometimes fire again on the river against a typical player, but only HU and only if he isnt likely to call

SCfuji
12-01-2004, 05:02 PM
i am retarded with AK. i just keep betting no matter what. it does help me get a ton of action when i have a hand, so i dont mind losing another bb.