PDA

View Full Version : Did I overplay AA early?

Sluss
11-30-2004, 05:42 PM
I have spoted this as a possible leak in my game. I always feel like I have to win with AA unless its obvious (KKx flop or all suited flop) This hand came up today in a PR 30+3. Did I play it too hard? Or can I not worry here?

Seat 1: CO ($1,440 in chips)
Seat 2: Button ($1,500 in chips)
Seat 3: SB ($2,130 in chips)
Seat 4: BB ($1,500 in chips)
Seat 5: UTG ($1,500 in chips)
Seat 6: UTG+1 ($1,190 in chips)
Seat 7: HERO [ A /images/graemlins/club.gif,A /images/graemlins/heart.gif ] ($1,500 in chips)
Seat 8: MP ($1,350 in chips)
Seat 9: Villan ($1,500 in chips)
Seat 10: CO+1 ($1,390 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
SB posts blind ($10), BB posts blind ($20).

PRE-FLOP
UTG calls $20, UTG+1 calls $20, HERO bets $100, MP folds, Villan calls $100, CO+1 folds, CO calls $100, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $80, UTG+1 calls $80.

FLOP [board cards Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ](Pot $530)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, HERO bets $250, Villan calls $250, CO calls $250, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds.

TURN [board cards Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ] (pot $1280)
HERO bets $1,150 and is all-in, Villan calls $1,150 and is all-in, CO folds.

RIVER [board cards Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]

<font color="white">SHOWDOWN
HERO shows [ AC,AH ]
Villan shows [ 5S,5C ]
HERO wins $3,580.
</font>

I have played with UTG and UTG +1 before and they are pretty laggy and will probably call preflop then fold to a bet post-flop, I thought everyone else would fold pre-flop. Put Villan on a flush draw top pair (KQ suited) thought CO might have AQ but he seemed to be weak, maybe A9

Unarmed
11-30-2004, 06:52 PM
Looks good.
You have the flush ace so I'd be a little worried when you flop bet gets called in two places. BTW with 5 to the flop you have to bet at least 400 here IMO. With your 250 bet (and after Villain's call) CO basically gets correct POT odds to draw to a flush/straight. (though like you point out you're really only worried about K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif)

Turn: I bet the max a draw will call, so maybe 8-900? Doesn't matter I'm all-in on the river anyway but I'd hate to lose K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif here due to an overbet.

Sluss
12-01-2004, 08:20 AM
I like the pricing out all of the draws. I'm not used to this many people in the pot when I bang it up early.

Usually I just bet about half the pot because I'll do that later with both a monster and a bluff. But once again, I might be giving my opponents too much credit for paying attention.

On the turn I just saw a pot the size of my stack so I pushed.

It did feel weird to post a good suckout for me. I like to rate my play on if I got my money in in the best spot. Makes it much easier to let the bad beats roll off. Pretty much all of my bust outs from 7-10th are with big hands. Which I would think is normal. Or it might mean I'm too tight. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif