PDA

View Full Version : Routine AQs (no pair with position)

AdamL
11-30-2004, 05:10 PM
Opponent is SLP-P. Situations like this happen a lot. (Not the clubs, just the texture of the hand in general...)

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.16 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

Jonny Melon
11-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Hands like this seldom end favorably, but with fewer clubs, your line is exactly how I would play it against a weak player (as a default, anyway). Many weak players will routinely call a flop with nothing and fold to the turn bet, especially since you represented the K with the PFR (Raise = AK). When the turn bet is called, checking behind is fine, as it looks like your opponent is committed to showdown..

Jon

MarkD
11-30-2004, 07:03 PM
I have no idea what SLP-P means, but your line is perfectly acceptable in this hand. I would play it the same way on all streets. If I was faced with a CR on the turn I would fold.

BottlesOf
11-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Yea, this is fine. Sometimes I'll check behind the turn when I have the appropriate read. (And usually less than 3 of a suit too.)

AdamL
11-30-2004, 09:36 PM
SLP-P is slightly loose passive, passive post-flop. It's a bisonbison classification for use with PT.

What kind of read tells you to check behind on the turn?