PDA

View Full Version : Who has put the biggest black eye on Rap?

Daliman
11-30-2004, 04:51 PM
For various reasons, the following have at some point in time put Rap in a bad light. Some have redeemed themselves some have not,(and maybe not had the chance).

Please add in anyone and reasons why you choose.

Discuss and debate

P.S. Over/under for TSC posts in this thread, 9,(Very possibly a sucker bet.)

ThaSaltCracka
11-30-2004, 04:55 PM
my choice is not listed.

Puff Daddy the rapper(producer not included)

for totally changing the direction of rap music from being about gritty, truthful rhymes about urban life, to being about money, cars, and expensive bull [censored].

jakethebake
11-30-2004, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For various reasons, the following have at some point in time put Rap in a bad light.

[/ QUOTE ]
As opposed to all the rappers that haven't.

[ QUOTE ]
Some have redeemed themselves...

[/ QUOTE ]
Really?

IMO you gotta have an All of the Above category here.

Ulysses
11-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Suge Knight will have you killed for not putting him on the list.

Rick Diesel
11-30-2004, 05:38 PM
I voted for Snoop Dogg, but not for the murder charges as you suggested.

I voted for him because he went from one of the greatest rappers ever (The Chronic, Doggystyle) to some half retarded moron who can't think up rhymes so he has to make everything end in izzle.

Fo rizzle, my nizzle.

What the f*** is that?

ThaSaltCracka
11-30-2004, 05:48 PM
boooooooooo go check out his new cd, its pretty good man. Very soul sounding, with a gangsta twist.

P. Diddy should be the obvious choice.

Rick Diesel
12-01-2004, 10:41 AM
I had made an effort to boycott any Snoop made music due to how terrible the couple of CD's that he put out with No Limit were. He certainly does have talent though. On your recomendation I will check out his new CD. If it sucks like I suspected it would, I will be very angry at you, and may have to take out my frustrations by kicking a couple of cats.

R.D.

p.s. Anybody who voted for Tupac or Biggie obviously is not a rap fan at all, because they are greatly responsible for much of the mainstream attention that rap has received, and are also 2 of the greatest rappers ever.

ThaSaltCracka
12-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Snoops No Limit Top Dogg, was a above average CD, The Last Meal was pretty good, his last one From Da Church to DA Palace was actually pretty good too. Don't buy the new one though, go DL it from Suprnova.org /images/graemlins/cool.gif