PDA

View Full Version : 2500 hand check up

John Paul
11-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Hello,
I have finished my first 2500 hands - below are the stats. Thanks to all the folks who have commented on hands I have posted earlier, what I am mostly hoping for here is to see if any stats seem out of whack as a way to guide me to hands I should be reviewing/posting. Disclaimer - I realize the the sample size is too small to make firm statements about the BB/100

Hands: 2570
VP$IP: 17.55%
VP$SB: 36.33%
Folded to blind steals: both 100%
Attempt to steal blinds: 20%
W$WSF: 29.75%
BB/100: +2.51
W to SD%: 39.25%
Won $ at SD: 46.03%
PF Raise: 6.89%

Aggression Factors:
Flop: 2.26
Turn: 1.85
River 1.69
Total 1.91

Based on some earlier posts, and bisonbison's post on rating players ("Some notes on notes") I realized that I was being too passive postflop and have been posting hands and working on that. As a result my aggression factor is up, I think I am playing better - but it is hard to tell with small samples.

btspider
11-30-2004, 04:21 PM
sample size is way too low.. don't think about stats until you hit 10K.

your went to SD is probably running too high and as a result your won at SD is lower than the typical range.

you may also be missing some PFR opportunities, but who knows after so few hands.

read/post/comment on hands.

Shillx
11-30-2004, 04:46 PM
yea you are exactly right

My WTSD is about 33 and my W$SD is almost 57. It used to be well over 60 until I hit a rough streak. Any idea what the "optimal" # is for both of these stats. I know it is really dependant on your VPIP...

Brad

btspider
11-30-2004, 04:52 PM
30-33 seems common for WTSD
52-58 seems common for won @ SD

outside that range isn't necessarily wrong tho as both are completely effect stats which you have no direct control over.

i think WTSD gets higher as you move up as well.. so 33-35 may be more typical higher up.

DMBFan23
11-30-2004, 05:14 PM
the two stats I feel you can comment on at this point are VP$IP and PFR$, although they will not be 100% determined. VP$IP looks good, but you should be raising more preflop. what are your raising standards?

John Paul
11-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the comments folks - I will go back and look at the hands I am going to showdown with and post some.

For pre-flop raising - for most of these hands I was just following the SSH chart (for tight games as I have rarely run into a game with 6+ players regularly on the flop). Recently I have started working on this more and am also raising if I am first in from late position or MP3, as long as I have a hand worth calling. I will also start thinking about raising first in from MP2 with some hands that are usually calling hands depending on the exact hand and what I know about the folks who are yet to act.