PDA

View Full Version : Online deal making - how?

poolshark
11-30-2004, 03:41 PM
Hey Guys, I asked this question in reply to Toro's post but I thought this would be a good standalone post.

Can some one who has been in deal making online - when down to final few players explain how this is done?

I play MTTs and some day hope to make it that far in a big one. Few specific questions:
1. Is there a specific option for cutting deals through the software? If so - at what stage is that available and does the game stop while you are doing this?
2. if the answer to 1 is no - then how? Do you actually rely on money transfers and trusting the people to do that? and in doing so - the hands are being played at the same time with the clock ticking? do you actually negotiate through the chat box??

Please provide a comprehensive detailed answer to benefit people like me who haven't been there yet!

steeser
11-30-2004, 04:13 PM
I've done it on Stars. In some of the bigger tourneys a host will be watching and if everyone wants to deal they will stop the tourney for it.

In my case, it was a $50 buy-in, and the 4 of us had to click sit-out and then e-mail them for a host. They came in 5 minutes, and facilitated the 4 way chop.