PDA

View Full Version : To the tough, to the strong, to the NYC live players

MRBAA
11-30-2004, 03:39 PM
After playing almost exclusively live 4-8 and a bit of 1-2n/l at the NYC clubs, I've returned for the holiday season to online play after almost a year away. I've been getting my feet wet at 2-4 he and, while there are some good players these games are much, much softer than live play. And when they're not, it's so easy to just find another table. So here's to Brad, Sfer, Johnny BoomBoom, TurnipMonster, Randy Burgess and the rest who beat the live games just like they do the Web. If you can make in NY you can make it anywhere (well, at least at Party).

bdk3clash
11-30-2004, 04:04 PM
What made you decide to start playing online again?

MRBAA
11-30-2004, 04:16 PM
Combination -- a bit of frustration about how few hands I could play in one night a week live, a desire to play some stud and a wish to accelerate my bankroll growth to reach $10-20. Plus, personally, the Thanksgiving-New Years period is a time when I have time off, meaning I can stay up and play online after wife and kids are asleep more often and I also like to be around the house when they're awake. I do expect to still play live a bit. But Brad, the 2-4 games are SO soft relative to live (I won't even discuss the stud games!) that in itself is another reason to play.