PDA

View Full Version : How Would You Play It?

MrMon
11-30-2004, 03:04 PM
$20+2 Paradise SnG. 5/10 blinds. Game 7. 9-handed.

Hero is 2 seats off the button and already at 2020 chips. (Paradise starts at 1000) Dealt J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Action:
UTG (1150): Call (10)
UTG+1 : Fold
UTG+2 (1185) : Call (10)
Villain (820) : Raise (100)
Hero (2020) : Raise (200)

Folds back around to Villain
Villain: Raise (720) all-in

Villain has put some money in pot, but folded previously when raised strongly. No other history. Not an apparent maniac.

tigerite
11-30-2004, 03:14 PM
"Hero should have called first" would be my option, but hey..

Now you are here, with blinds this low, you are going to be probably a coinflip at best. You have a pretty healthy stack, and the blinds are still low, I'd probably fold.

sctennisman
11-30-2004, 04:48 PM
JJ is probably one of the most over-played hands at the SNG's because they look so good. Granted, it is a nice rush to have these two cards, but normally you should just call, or maybe even fold (if playing tight) from early position. In your situation, it was worthy of a call and not a raise. There are many different combinations that could beat you, and most likely in a 9 handed game, it is likely several people will have an A, K or Q, and it may likely get paired on the board. However, I would have called and hoped to make a set, but don't hesitate to fold if a higher card appears on the board.