PDA

View Full Version : I have money to invest

08-15-2002, 04:50 AM
I have money to invest. Does anyone have any recommendations for dow companies or other tech stocks?

08-15-2002, 07:25 AM
i dont know if this is the best place to get the advice. if i was doing dow companies id use target prices. you can buy the all dow jones industrials in an exchange traded fund. the symbol is dia. similarly you can buy the nasdaq 100 in another exchange traded fund call qqq. if you want the s&p 500 you can buy it in an exchange traded fund called spy. i think all three are a buy now and heres how id rank em from best value to least value:

qqq

spy

dia

08-16-2002, 02:13 PM
i like mortgage backed security reits although theyve come up some since about a month ago. FB was a steal at between 28-25. honestly i think its way undervalued still.

08-17-2002, 11:20 AM
rambus aS A TECH STOCK...POTENTIAL 5 TO 20 BAGGER..BUT RISKY...LOL..

HOWEVER...BEANS ARE THE BET OF THE YEAR 7.50 VERY REACHABLE...JMHO...NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE...ENTERTAINMENT ONLY..sorry caps lock..gl..beans..just do it...gl

08-28-2002, 10:48 AM
Oy, Rambus. I have many, many shares of Rambus. I paid much, much money for them.

I'm asking Santa (or is it Satan?) for a court victory for Xmas. That should pop it to 20 or so.

08-28-2002, 12:19 PM
before i bought at 3.60/sh...i bought at 42/sh "on a dip" try singing"all i need is a miricle"...lol...gl

ChrisConstantine
09-03-2002, 12:49 AM
"Investing" money in individual stocks for me requires spreading it over time between 5 to 20 positions in different sectors and following it closely. I am recently getting back into the market as well and am cautiously running value screens and doing plenty of research. I am concerned that too much money is still being pulled out of the market and that the general direction will be down for awhile.

I like the following stocks at current prices and my price targets are all 20% to 30% higher:
Washington Mutual, WM
Wendy's, WEN
Eclipis, ECLP
Chico Fashions, CHS
Shufflemaster, SHFL
Phillip Morris, MO
Scholastic Publishing, SCHL

I have limit orders for 7 other stocks if the prices drop a bit.

My recommendations are cautious and include putting a loss limit on each position.

There are plenty of stocks that are still overvalued by conventional standards and you could profit by short-selling or buying puts or selling calls. That's another short story if you're interested.