PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good laydown? 5/10 Kill game at Foxwoods

Rulnick
11-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Very aggressive 5/10 Kill @100 game at Foxwoods. I am perceived as pretty tight on the table at the time of this hand. I am in the cutoff with the kill button, meaning I have posted 10 automatically before the hand starts. Limits for Kill hands are 10/20.

I pick up 4,5o in the CO
Four limpers to me, I check my option. 5 to the flop for 5SB

FLOP: 9c,4h,5s
Check, Check, Check, aggressive but good player to my right bets, I raise, everyone folds except the initial bettor.

TURN: Ac
Opponent checks, I bet $20, Opponent calls

RIVER: 9c
Opponent leads out for $20, I think for a while and fold.

Is this an automatic call with $150 already in the pot? I was running pretty bad and figured there was nothing he could have that I beat which is why I made the laydown. Comments appreciated on all streets.

shummie
11-30-2004, 02:47 PM
That 9c is quite possibly the scariest card that could have fallen. He might know that though and be betting a busted straight draw?...

- Jason

Harv72b
11-30-2004, 03:17 PM
The 9c is double scary since one already came on the flop...you might want to check the deck. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, though, I think that's probably a smart fold unless you're sure your opponent would bet the scare card with nothing. Any 9 beats you, any A beats you, any PP above 33 beats you. I can't see why he would have called the turn bet without one of those hands.

shummie
12-03-2004, 04:51 PM
haha, missed that.

- Jason