PDA

View Full Version : T4o in BB

KushP
11-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Full 20-40 at Turning Stone. I was in the BB with T4o, three players had limped (EP, MP, Button). The middle position limper had loose starting hand requirements and tried to win every pot by betting/raising on rags or a draw, but would call down on marginal hands so he could showdown his bad pair or ace high. The limper on the button was a conservative player who seemed like he knew what he was doing. SB folds, I check with 4 of us to the flop.

The flop was 10-9-2 with 2 hearts. I decided to bet out, the ep limper folded and the MP player raised me (as expected) and the button cold called. I called planning on betting out the turn (to make the button pay extra for his likely draw because the MP would probably raise again) on any card except a ten or a four, knowing the MP player would bet so I could check raise both players.

The turn was a Ten. I checked, the MP player bet (as expected) but then the button raised. I had put him on QJ, 78, and/or flush draw on the flop, but now I thought there was a wide range of hands he could've had. Trip tens with a stronger kicker, a full house (flopped a set), pair of 9s with a good kicker looking for a free showdown, etc. The pot had $330 with the raise to me, and I felt like if I was going to continue I had to 3 bet incase the MP player was playing another draw aggressively. So my odds were 330-120, or 2.75 to 1 to continue. There was also a chance of the MP player having a legitamate hand and so he could also have me beat. Knowing I would get capped and would pay the river off if I was behind, and if I was ahead the MP player and button would fold their pairs, I folded. The MP player folded what was likely a small pair, and the button took down the pot.

Any comments on any of the streets would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kush

joesbarngrill
11-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Well played

KushP
11-30-2004, 03:24 PM

TStoneMBD
11-30-2004, 09:47 PM
i like your reads, but i think your fold is pretty bad.

TStoneMBD
11-30-2004, 09:49 PM
i like your reads, but i think your fold is pretty bad. if the button knows what hes doing as you say, he could very well raise in this position with a hand that is far worse than yours. he may put you on a draw and MP on nothing, so he raises the turn making you pay extra and putting pressure on the maniac.

James282
11-30-2004, 10:11 PM
I would cap the turn, and, given the chance, raise and cap the river.
-James

Dreamer
11-30-2004, 10:22 PM
I hate this fold.

Why even bet the flop if after hiting the card you want you chicken out.
I admit I would rather hit the 4 than the other 10 but if you fold this kind of hand with this kind of pot equity you are playing way too weak tight unless you have a great read on your opponent.
Unless he has 10-9 you still have 3 outs against anything else.
Thats not including the times that you are actually ahead.
I would guess in this spot you are ahead over 50% of the time.
He may be bluffing, he may have A9 or a big pair he limped in with hoping to trap.

D.