PDA

View Full Version : thanks and hello

gummy d
11-30-2004, 11:28 AM
Been combing this forum for almost a year now and want to thank everyone for all the valuable information and some serious laughs at times.
Quick background- Started playing poker at 11 with relatives, nickle dime wild games (follow the queens etc..). later picked it back up with some bar regulars (i'm a bartender going on about 10 years) mostly older guys playing draw and stud, no holdem. That was about five years ago. Came across hold-em on google about 4 years ago playing for fun (no $). I then started up on pp playing the play money games and stuck with that for about six months. Finally made the jump to online play last jan. which was when i started luking hear. Won about $800 playing 25nl mostly by being week/tight and trapping a lot. I was fairly lucky as well. I then blew it all being overly agrressive out of position etc. Have since dropped almost $2000 playing no limit on line most of my big losses occuring while on tilt at higher limits(50nl, 100nl, 200nl) when i was outmatched and would not give up.
I have recently slowed down on the on-line play, taking time to re-evaluate my game and be a little more balanced in general (when you start dreaming about poker consistently it think it is time).
I've been playing in a weekly game for about a year now (dealer's choice 1-3 spread limit). We play holdem, draw, omaha8/b, stud, stud hi/low and the occasional pineaple. I've faired well in this game although some tilting sessions have eaten away at my overall win rate.
I'm residing in nc and have played on pp as makumholsom. maybe some of you have taken my money, i suspect as much, and i have no hard feelings. i know it was my own stupid behavior most of the time.
This is draggin on so i'll cut it. Wonder if there are any other 2+2's in nc, asheville specifically, and if any of you remember me from the nl tables on pp. know i'm on some lists out there.
thanks again
gummy d /images/graemlins/grin.gif