PDA

View Full Version : J8o - Push??

skirtus
11-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Keeping my aggression in check is always a full time job. Both SB and BB were playing fairly conservatively. My QQ just got cracked by AJs and this was the next hand. Would you push here??

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (5 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP (t1200)
<font color="C00000">Hero (t940)</font>
SB (t1290)
<font color="C00000">BB (t860)</font>
UTG (t3710)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero ??

tigerite
11-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Yes.

UMTerp
11-30-2004, 11:13 AM
Definitely. Neither of those stacks want to mess with you.

Edit - I didn't realize the blinds were so high - you're probably going to get called by the BB if he's a competent player, but I still push. You still have a LITTLE fold equity here, and J8 will do fine against a random hand that he has anyway. You obviously want to be the first in the pot sometime in the next three hands - now might be the only chance you have.

Phill S
11-30-2004, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely. Neither of those stacks want to mess with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe. how are your reads?

they may think your tilting, has either of them showed stupid calls so far, or are they both solid (solid enough).

Phill

skirtus
11-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Neither has made any loose calls yet. Ive been pushing alot and built a nice stack until my QQ got cracked. I would normally push this everytime but was concerned about my image at this point. This might lower their calling standards some. On the other hand the only cards Ive shown have been QQ.

Phill S
11-30-2004, 11:30 AM
if theyve done nothing stupid, and shown an aggressive stealing image but only shown QQ, id push here.

if they werent solid id consider a fold, its very situation dependant imo simply because you just got cracked and it looks like tilt.

i they shown themselves to be maniacs, a fold becomes more and more the better move. this is all my opinion though, im sure others would disagree.

this is why if i lose a big pot and then get a big hand in the next couple, i push no matter what.

Phill