PDA

View Full Version : Playing agains a LAG who keeps limp-reraising

ElSapo
11-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Party 2/4, and the game is pretty loose-aggressive. I didn't realize at the time just how LAGgy it was, and after this hand I started looking at a bunch of player's PT stats (first time I've ever really used this for game-time decisions. Fun stuff.)

UTG limps, LAG limps, I raise J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif. BB calls, UTG calls, LAG limp-raises, we all call.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, LAG bets, I raise, folded back to LAG who calls.

Turn is a K /images/graemlins/club.gif, he bets, I raise, we cap it.

River is a blank, he bets, I call, he shows A /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Fair enough...

So he's limp-raising weak, medium aces it seems.

Orbits later, same action as above more or less but I cap on QQ. Four to the flop, it's A-high, UTG checks, he bets, I fold. I figure there's two players besides him, any one of which could have the ace. Standard?

Some time later I raise him with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, flop is 88Ar, and I fold again when it's me and him and two others.

Standard frustration hands, or is there more to be done here? And do you expand the range of hands you can cap with, if he continus to LRR? He was VPIP about 60%, raising 20% PF and going to a showdown 50% of the time...

Octopus
11-30-2004, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Orbits later, same action as above more or less but I cap on QQ. Four to the flop, it's A-high, UTG checks, he bets, I fold. I figure there's two players besides him, any one of which could have the ace. Standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am reading this correctly, there are 18 bets in the pot at this point. If some one has an ace and no-one raises, we should see the turn. If no one has an ace, we are probably way ahead. Someone who will limp-reraise with ATo just likes to reraise people to make them nervous about raising his limps in the future; I wouldn't necessarily credit him with an Ace just yet. I can't decide if we should call or raise here (depends on how aggressive the others are), but I think folding is premature.

sfer
11-30-2004, 11:40 AM
If I raise preflop and some clown overlimp/reraises from EP I am almost always capping. The only exceptions might be AJ/KQ and worse, but I'll cap with JJ all day long there.

On the QQ hand, the pot should be something like 21-22 SBs, which is enough to see a turn card just for set value. And you will have the best hand some not insignificant (at least compared to the probability of turning a set) part of the time as well.

KQ, what can you do? Sounds like you flopped bad a couple of times. Against that kind of LAG, I will take unimproved AK and go nuts trying to force everyone out to get heads-up. Ditto with weakish middle pair hands a lot of the pot is big and I feel there's any reasonable chance I can get the pot HU. Preflop, though, my capping standards go way down.