PDA

View Full Version : CO poster - does it change my play?

Gazza
11-30-2004, 07:29 AM
Extra poster in the CO. First two players fold, he checks.
Still raise with Ace rag on the button?

Gazza

naphand
11-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Your A-rag OTB gets a lot of its value by folding out the blinds, and stealing on the flop. CO probably is not folding and BB is more likely to call here. I would have to very confident of the blinds folding, and with no read on CO I might dump this until I get a read, esp. if I am not in control of the table. That said, his hand is not likely to be stellar and you have position; table conditions matter.

Gazza
11-30-2004, 09:46 AM
I raised yesterday with A3 in this position, BB and CO came along. Middling cards on the flop. They checked to me, I bet, they called. The turn was checked through and I hit an ace on the river to win the pot.
A good advert for positional raising but it didn't feel good and I may well fold here as my default play in the future unless someone convinces me otherwise
Gazza

Benjamin
11-30-2004, 10:53 AM
I think the lower unsuited aces aren't worth playing there unless you have a good bead on the blinds as being weak tight, and your image is fearsome.

Your fold equity preflop is practically nil in this situation most of the time, and I don't think you'll often get a pair to fold post-flop because they'll read you for a steal.

B.