PDA

View Full Version : How to ID other 2+2ers?

RiverBear
11-30-2004, 03:39 AM
What do you guys do to be able to recognize other 2+2ers and pros? I've recently moved from PP and PS to Party Poker, where I play almost exclusively now.

Is there some kind of list of 2+2ers available? I know I've run into several of you on MTTs before.

I'm "abugriffin" on all three sites.

T

TheTimeIsUp
11-30-2004, 03:57 AM
Well, it's usually saying "Does the brown trout sleep in the closet?" And they will respond. But, anything about a brown trout works. Only way.

schwza
11-30-2004, 11:15 AM
not quite relevant, but i went to vegas a few months ago and after playing a few hands the guy across from me said "two plus two?"

i consider it one of my greatest poker compliments.

RiverBear
11-30-2004, 12:55 PM
I have a feeling my leg is being pulled, but that could just be my 3 year old...

Slick Al
11-30-2004, 01:08 PM
He's being serious. The response to acknowledge is "Aye, she does."

If people ask what you're going on about, just make up something. Certainly no reason to direct your future bankroll suppliers here /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Al

woodguy
11-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Use the search function and type in "brown trout" for any post older than a day.
You will see that most here refer to the collective as brown trout.
The previous posters were serious.

If you suspect someone of being a 2+2er you mention:

"The brown trout sleeps in the closet"

If they are, they will respond:

"Aye, she does"

Regards,
Woodguy

Big Country
11-30-2004, 04:19 PM
And if they aren't a 2+2er you may well get some of the funniest chat box banter ever.

MrX
11-30-2004, 08:22 PM
In order to be even more discreet, I often ask..PlayerX, do ever fish for brown trout or bluegill in "insert city here".

Sometimes I make up the the most ridiculous sentence I can with "brown trout in it"...like "I went to player's city and met a girl who had the brownest trout I ever saw".

I get the best responses to these and any two plus twoer picks up on it and usually has some fun too.

MrX